I missed ANOTHER pair of Grado HP's?!?!
Jul 5, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 19
Thanks for re-opening an old wound
mad.gif

(j/k) There was a thread about this a couple of months ago.

Jul 5, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Haha, what's funny is the two dudes who only bid $160 and $111 on them.

The auction was ended early by the seller.

Jul 5, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
The auction was ended early by the seller.

Yeah, but why bother bidding such meager amounts on an hp1000 in the first place - unless you have no idea of their value (I'm not talking about the winner, who obviously knew the value and probably made a deal for a higher price). Such small bids had no chance of winning that item. Though, I guess the seller had no idea of their value either.

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 19
yep old auction - Larry picked up a zinger of a buy it now there alright! Looking at the pic, it's probably a HP2/HP3 not a HP-1 as advertised since it has no switches. Not that anyone cares at that price lol!

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #11 of 19
lol, I was one of the bidders. I'm pradafreek
smily_headphones1.gif
There was no Buy it Now, and I was planning on spending around $500
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
I was going to bid as well.

Gotta love it when people go out of their way to talk sellers in to ending auctions early.

Oh...don't forget the amp as well chillysalsa.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5773027779

There ain't no honor among snipers on Ebay 'nuff said, nor should it be expected. If you can do the end run behind the scenes heck go for it! On head-fi sale forums of course, there's a diff community and diff rules. But if I meet you on Ebay someday, and I REALLY want that spidey pez dispenser, I'm going to take no prisoners, and I'll expect you to do the same, sir!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #15 of 19
They are HP-1's indeed and close enough to NOS I'm tickled pink. If someone was prepared to bid more than $1505 for this pristine pair, you would have won them had the auction ran all the way, since I had that amount as a proxy bid.

If you weren't going to bid more than me, rest easy knowing I paid the price. I wasn't about to lose them for anything less than a small fortune... Another NOS pair I paid the price for. These are both for my personal collection of NOS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back