I may have damaged my front headphone ports on my case...
Feb 12, 2010 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Speedbird

New Head-Fier
I had my Sennheiser HD555s plugged in on my front headphones port and when I was moving around in my chair, I accidentally bent the 3.5mm plug. I bent it back but now sound is coming out on the right side only
frown.gif

I tried the back port and it works fine so the port is definitely damaged. Now I need a splitter to connect both my speakers/headphones to the back of my sound card, a HT Omega Claro Plus+.

I've been looking on Monoprice to no avail so now its Amazon. I found Amazon.com: Belkin F8V234-WHT-APL Headphone Splitter: Electronics these and I'm wondering if they will lower sound quality? Are there any better quality ones than these?

And just in case, the HD555s need some kind of converter to make it fit 3.5mm. The wire for the 3.5mm is bent and just in case, I'm looking for a replacement for it. Will these Amazon.com: Grado Mini Adaptor Cable - 1/4 Inch to 1/8 Inch Plug: Musical Instruments suffice or am I looking at the wrong plug/adapter/whatever?

Although I can't seem to find any, I would like to buy these off Monoprice but any other website will be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Why use the Front port at all?

The thin crappy unshielded wire goes through a noisy computer case cannot be good. JUst use the back, I never did bother with any front panels on any of my builds.

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Guys, I just want to know if that splitter is good and won't make me lose any audio quality. That's it. I need one because my Klpisch Promedia 2.1s are plugged into the jack where I need to plug in the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back