I love my new HeadRoom Desktop
Aug 11, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by SH4RKY
ah, forgot this one was a maxed unit. I'm looking at standard desktop modules... unless i can find $500 lying around to go for the upgrades and DPS.

Get the Home Module and keep the rest stock (get the standard DAC if you want it). You don't need DPS for that. No need to spend all your money.

Aug 14, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Any update on how the K701s sound with the amp??

(I'm just getting the final impressions before I go ahead and purcahse a Desktop and 701s)

Unfortunately, I was at Gencon this weekend and haven't had any real time to sit down and do comparisions on the K701s. My limited listening says they sound better than the Senn's. However, they really hurt my head after about an hour. So, I'll probably end up selling them to recoup the cost of the amp.

I'll try to get some analytical listening in before I sell them.

Aug 14, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by aragorn18
Unfortunately, I was at Gencon this weekend and haven't had any real time to sit down and do comparisions on the K701s. My limited listening says they sound better than the Senn's. However, they really hurt my head after about an hour. So, I'll probably end up selling them to recoup the cost of the amp.

I'll try to get some analytical listening in before I sell them.

Burn the K701 in for at least 300 hours before you decide whether they hurt your head or not. My K701 hurt my ears before burn-in. After I burned them in for 500 hours, they never hurt my ears again.

Aug 15, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by cclragnarok
Burn the K701 in for at least 300 hours before you decide whether they hurt your head or not. My K701 hurt my ears before burn-in. After I burned them in for 500 hours, they never hurt my ears again.

There might be some confusion here. When I said they hurt my head, I meant that the headstrap made contact with my skull at one point and all of the weight of the headphones pushed on that one spot. That's why it hurt.

I've burnt in the headphones for about 200 hours now.

Aug 15, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by aragorn18
There might be some confusion here. When I said they hurt my head, I meant that the headstrap made contact with my skull at one point and all of the weight of the headphones pushed on that one spot. That's why it hurt.

I've burnt in the headphones for about 200 hours now.

I see.
tongue.gif

Just a few days ago, there was a thread about people getting disoriented/headache using K701 before burn-in, so I assumed that's what you meant.

Aug 18, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Any update on how the K701s sound with the amp??

Sorry, I tried, but I just can't wear the K701's long enough to get a feel for them. I'll let you know, they sound good, but I can't give you any information past that.

Aug 18, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4n3
Stretch the K701 out over a basketball for a day. That should loosen them up.

I think I'll just resell them to make up for the obscene price of the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back