i love my grado 60's but..
Aug 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by crossmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree with all of this.(save the Grado=uncomfortable part which I removed from quote.) I think the bowls are the most uncomfortable, and I noticed a sound improvement in my SR80s, with the 414 pads(Quarter Mod).

Ebay has the 414 pads for half the cost shipped as the bowls listed above.

Also: +1 on headband bend. I put my thumbs in the middle of the band, and gently pulled, evenly, on either side..this seemed to work well in my case.

how long should i bend them? what am I going for? i put them around a basketball for an hour and didn't notice a difference comfort wise.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 21
Go for the HD414 in that case.

What I did to loosen the headband was stretch them out by hand for ~5 minutes. Also, if you have an old Sony MDR-V series headband you can swap out your stocker for that, it's quite a bit more comfortable IMHO.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by crossmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree with all of this.(save the Grado=uncomfortable part which I removed from quote.) I think the bowls are the most uncomfortable, and I noticed a sound improvement in my SR80s, with the 414 pads(Quarter Mod).

Ebay has the 414 pads for half the cost shipped as the bowls listed above.

Also: +1 on headband bend. I put my thumbs in the middle of the band, and gently pulled, evenly, on either side..this seemed to work well in my case.

Senn pads look like and sound like piss.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by pevsfreedom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how long should i bend them? what am I going for? i put them around a basketball for an hour and didn't notice a difference comfort wise.

There is a spring steel band in the headband. Grab it firmly and bend it. You will not hurt it and you can bend it back if you go too far.

Seriously, you can't hurt it by bending it to fit your head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senn pads look like and sound like piss IMO, but YMMV.

There, fixed that for ya.

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #20 of 21
start in the middle with ur thumbs on top and just slowly bend the headphone out. as stated you can bend it back

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senn pads suck. Don't every buy them. They absorb so much sound that music doesn't sound right anymore. You'll end up paying more by trying to save money.

Did you quarter mod them? I can certainly see where one would have problems with unmodded Senn pads, but he'd have much the same problem with the comfies he's got.

@OP: Bowls might be uncomfortable at first, but give them time...after they absorb some body oils from your ears and "break in" a bit, they're quite comfortable, and sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back