i love jazz and vocals
Jan 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

miltk

New Head-Fier
the only time my listening gets "loud" is the occasional big band, classical orchestra. even my pop/rock stuff is from the 50's 60's and 70's.
i've had a number of sennheisers and loved them all, px100, sp 25, 550, 210. i have a denon 1001, etynomics. as you can see i try to keep the purchases reasonable.

well i recently  got a pair of ultrasone15g, and it introduced me to a whole new listening experience. i don't want to say it BETTER, but i will say i'm hearing things in ways i've never heard before.....everything sounds more "intimate", like i swear i can hear the air around the notes, and feel the vibration of the air around a note. i think i like the "thuddiness" of the bass. so now i'm looking for an upgraded pair reasonably priced, and there's a few on amazon - 550, 580, 680,,,,,

i don't know if it's this "s-logic" thing, but they're doing something that grabs me more than what i was given with the senns and denon. with that in mind, any suggestions about the ultrasones(i am willing to break the $200 barrier BUT NOT MUCH) or other headphones to consider.

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back