I listened to the ad2000 and.....
Oct 26, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #46 of 51
I think talking about so subtle changes in sound right now is worth 100 times less than a fair audition (with your source + amp + cables). As Morpheus said,
"Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."

I bought mine without ever auditioning one and am very happy with it, but if I have had the choice, I'd rather have listened to it before buying it blindly. The AD2000s have a very specific character, so you can't really tell if you will like them unless you already heard them.

Nov 8, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #47 of 51
Ahhg! Got my AD2000s today, absolutely LOVE them. They're very reminiscent of the AD900s, with more bass, soundstage, and how do I say this...easiness. Not laidback, but it feels like the sound flows out very smoothly, with no strained sound. Using it with my Porta Corda MKIII, which I'm loving, but I'm sure it's not the epitome of synergy. Eyeing the Gilmore Lite V2, which many claim has great synergy with the 2000s.

All the best,

Michael

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #48 of 51
ahhh, Ive been wondering about the ad2000 against the ad900.

xenafor, Is there anything thats better about the ad900 against the ad2000?

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenafor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhg! Got my AD2000s today, absolutely LOVE them. They're very reminiscent of the AD900s, with more bass, soundstage, and how do I say this...easiness. Not laidback, but it feels like the sound flows out very smoothly, with no strained sound. Using it with my Porta Corda MKIII, which I'm loving, but I'm sure it's not the epitome of synergy. Eyeing the Gilmore Lite V2, which many claim has great synergy with the 2000s.

All the best,

Michael

Nice! Where did you buy them from?

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsuttitinagul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the drivers are not angled in the AD2000.

But the pads are angled. The pad on the back side is thicker than the front side. (not the pad as much as the shape of the headphone behind the pad)
I think it sounds great like that too...
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back