I just remembered why i love my MS-1s
Aug 31, 2005 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

robzy

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

Listning to my MS1s right out of my ipods headphones out, and a live version of Everlast - What its like comes on.

- The MS1s do not have the best sound signature (imho, i prefer my px100s)
- They running straight out of the ipods headphone out (not the greatest)
- Everlast is crap (1/2 the time.. :p)
- This song was not recorded properly
- This is a low quality MP3

Yet, despite all of this, my insides are jumping up and down grooving with the music. I just want to get up and dance.

Rob.

Aug 31, 2005 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 20
I've had quite a few "wow" moments with my MS-1s as well. They definitely come alive when listening to live recordings
icon10.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 9:47 AM Post #3 of 20
woot, i am gonna get my ms1s soon, because of this 'fun' effect, i decided to bypass the grado sr series and get these instead, cant wait!

Aug 31, 2005 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 20
are saying that the ms1 is more fun than any of the grado SR series??? What??? Have you compared any with the ms1s to say that? Ive heard the allesandros might be less fun than grados

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 20
I listened to Pink Floyd Echos double album last night and the MS-1 sounded great. No harsh high end but just a fun sound. I am using the comfy pads.

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus
are saying that the ms1 is more fun than any of the grado SR series??? What??? Have you compared any with the ms1s to say that? Ive heard the allesandros might be less fun than grados

no, i wanted the sr125, but found the highs a little scratchy, and after listening extensively, the ms1s seem to be the perfect can for me. (i want them for laying down in a park during lunch breaks)

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 20
Got the MS-2i's and I thought I would abandon my MS-1's, but I always keep coming back to that fun sound!

I heard the PX-100's, but the highs sound dwarfed by the bass. Not fun to my ears, IMHO.

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:58 AM Post #8 of 20
I had the 225 and although they had a better sound stage they just were not as fun sounding as the MS-1. Then I got the 325i and the highs were bright and very detailed but no fun to be had there just very detailed. The RS-1 was the same very detailed and true to the recording but no fun. I noticed the MS-1 just has that fun sound with smother highs and the bass was very surprising and tight and very present as the mids were.

All this for 99.00 and I think if you offered me the 225,325i or the rs-1 I would say no thanks

I like my MS-1. Fun sound goes a long way with me and although the higher stuff might sound better and truer and detailed I prefer the fun sound . I mean I just wanna have fun with my music.

Aug 31, 2005 at 12:12 PM Post #9 of 20
I just received my ms-1's today afterschool. The sound is superb unamped. I wouldnt expect the ms-1 would have such an impact on bass. I could hear the drums clearly along with all the rock instruments. Truly amazing experience. Thank you Head-Fi for the recommendations!!!

Aug 31, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus

The MS-1 is more fun to me than the rest of the SR series because I can actually tolerate the sound...heh....the other Grados just have painful highs to me. MS-1 is energetic, smooth and warm enough to get my toes tappin and head bangin...with other Grados my ears are just like "ouch" ....

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 20
Yep, mine too mariadoc. But while waiting I couldn't resist to buy nothing at all, so I bought the e3c. It gives a decent sound from my iaudio x5, but I think it isn't that great, sure it got great highs, but I miss something, I can't explain what. Maybe a bit of the bass and balanced mids/highs, don't know, I'm not (yet) an audiophile.
My sister is going to america this thursday, so when I haven't received them she's gonna call alessandro again, so that they can send the package to a adress in america and that it will be sent from there to my place. Hope I will have them before that time offcourse.

Aug 31, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 20
i just bought a pair used from oink1, should be here by friday!

im gonna do a little jig! hop hop hop!

Aug 31, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #14 of 20
Nothing like a thread like this to confuse a newbie like me
biggrin.gif

I was almost set on the MS-2i, but now I am once again thinking that I should just keep the $200 and get a MS1 instead. Gah!

Aug 31, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
Nothing like a thread like this to confuse a newbie like me
biggrin.gif

I was almost set on the MS-2i, but now I am once again thinking that I should just keep the $200 and get a MS1 instead. Gah!

I bought a pair of MS-1s a while back and even though I didn't need to now I bought the MS-2is too.
tongue.gif
Haven't received them yet though... Can't wait for them!
icon10.gif
I think that once you hear just how good the MS-1s sound you have to hear what the MS-2s are like as well. I mean I love my MS-1s but I know I'm going to love the MS-2is even more.
tongue.gif

I know this didn't help much but I have to share the Alessandro love.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back