I Just Received my Grado SR60's!
Feb 22, 2006 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Former_iBud_User

New Head-Fier
All I can say is WOW! These sound great. They also fit me very comfortably, I was worried they wouldn't because of some of the complaints on here. I don't feel like taking them off!
biggrin.gif

These really are great headphones for rock music. I can actually hear the drums, cymbals that I had never heard before, the vocals sound much better, and the giutars sound great!

Thanks Head-Fi.

-Danny
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 34
Allright, glad you like them. Every time I put on the SR80's that I had for years they gave me that WOW feeling. As far as comfort, I love how Grado's feel, I can wear them all day long with no discomfort. Hopefully you'll get a chance to listen to a lot of other great phones too.

Feb 22, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 34
^

The man is right: I upgraded to a SR225 two days after I got the SR60, talk about upgraditis! But it was an upgrade well worth it to my ears.

Feb 22, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Former_iBud_User
All I can say is WOW! These sound great. They also fit me very comfortably, I was worried they wouldn't because of some of the complaints on here. I don't feel like taking them off!
biggrin.gif

These really are great headphones for rock music. I can actually hear the drums, cymbals that I had never heard before, the vocals sound much better, and the giutars sound great!

Thanks Head-Fi.

-Danny
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats (sorry about your wallet). My 15 year old daughter got an Ipod recently and I'm trying to wean her off the buds. She loved the SR-60's sound, but I think they don't have the "cool factor" she wants right now. Still, she could definitely hear the difference, so there is hope. Now if I could only get her to expand her musical tastes a bit!!
rolleyes.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 34
Hi everyone, I am consider getting a SR60 or SR 80 as my first headphone, but I am not sure will it be my cup of tea, as I have mix review on it which saying it is good for rock / pop; I am more into jazz, oldie like Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong & Edith Piaf. Would either be what I really looking for?
confused.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beano517
Hi everyone, I am consider getting a SR60 or SR 80 as my first headphone, but I am not sure will it be my cup of tea, as I have mix review on it which saying it is good for rock / pop; I am more into jazz, oldie like Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong & Edith Piaf. Would either be what I really looking for?
confused.gif

No! Go straight for the RS-1 or RS-2.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think you might enjoy the hd555 more with those genre at that budget.

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy
Congrats (sorry about your wallet). My 15 year old daughter got an Ipod recently and I'm trying to wean her off the buds. She loved the SR-60's sound, but I think they don't have the "cool factor" she wants right now. Still, she could definitely hear the difference, so there is hope. Now if I could only get her to expand her musical tastes a bit!!
rolleyes.gif

Grado StreetStyles are comming out soon,and might be just the ticker for her.

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
No! Go straight for the RS-1 or RS-2.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think you might enjoy the hd555 more with those genre at that budget.

You devil,
evil_smiley.gif
I wanna go one step at a time and I don't have a head amp either, and I know both SR60 & SR80 response well enough without a headamp, is there any other choice apart from HD555?

BTW I am either using Kenwood KH-C701 (OEM of ER6i) with my H10 MP3 or BOSE PM1 portable CD player.

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #12 of 34
So many evil people on this thread. In response to the first poster-

"Congrats on your new cans! Now run far far away from Head-fi and don't look back!"
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beano517
You devil,
evil_smiley.gif
I wanna go one step at a time and I don't have a head amp either, and I know both SR60 & SR80 response well enough without a headamp, is there any other choice apart from HD555?

BTW I am either using ER6 with my H10 MP3 or BOSE PM1 portable CD player.

One step at a time will just end up costing you more money. Start saving for an orpheus now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

-g

Feb 22, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88
One step at a time will just end up costing you more money. Start saving for an orpheus now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

-g

I think you guys really wanna push me towards the cliff's edge
biggrin.gif
but I still prefer getting there step by step, I don't wanna lose all the fun in between
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back