I just pulled the trigger on the 588
Dec 14, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
$2800 for a half meter pair, but apparently worth it from all the reviews. EnjoyTheMusic gave them a 100% rating for "value for money".

icon10.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
$2800 for a half meter pair, but apparently worth it from all the reviews. EnjoyTheMusic gave them a 100% rating for "value for money".

the ICs cost more than the player itself...haha.

Dec 14, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #21 of 35
Congrats on getting the 588, it is truely an awesome CDP. One of the best I've heard so far. Definitely go for a power cord upgrade and a good pair of ICs to make it really shine.

Dec 14, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
how bout these...

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ntr&1107551991

honestly this friday I shall be receiving alot of good advice on what to do next...

I think you got the wrong idea Billy. We'll be heading to the strip joint soon after arriving and you won't be getting no audio advice from me after I get a face full of stripper.

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #25 of 35
Congrats Billy! Now I don't feel so bad for spending my kid's college fund towards a Meridian.

Not to be off topic, but Billy seems to be considering new interconnects too. Are expensive interconnects worth it? I am in the same boat as Billy and thinking a Meridian deserves something better than a Rat Shack special. How about some Cardas Neutral Reference? Todd seems to have a special on them.

Billy, please keep me posted on your IC hunt.

---Pat

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #26 of 35
Excellent buy bhd! Although I would suggest investing in a nice rack or at least something more solid and stable than the foldable table you mentioned. As for IC and PC, those will come with time. I'd say enjoy your meridian for at least awile before dumping more money. You'll have plenty of time for that
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
Excellent buy bhd! Although I would suggest investing in a nice rack or at least something more solid and stable than the foldable table you mentioned. As for IC and PC, those will come with time. I'd say enjoy your meridian for at least awile before dumping more money. You'll have plenty of time for that
smily_headphones1.gif

Take your time on the interconnects and try to try different makes or brands. I use Nordost SPM reference and Nordost Valhalla IC's they are very good but expensive. Only shell out if you can hear the difference. If you can't you never will.

Dec 15, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #28 of 35
thanx guys I will take my time of course, I just always plan ahead and get budgets set so I can have the toys asap.

I will be looking into kimbers and mit's alot.
i still have monster cable ic's but as of now i am happy so i am in no rush.
esp on the power cord idea, i am not a power cord beleiver at all, but i will see if i can get a qual cord in the f/s forum.

TubeROller....
Should I bring singles???..lol which on we going to?
I got kicked out of jimmys before so thats out of the question..
really i cant picture you know who at a strip joint...he would blow his amp..j/k

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:23 PM Post #29 of 35
Keep in mind some of the smaller cable brands like Moon Audio can be very good and can offer better value. Cables are the best thing to buy used since their tough to break. Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
thanx guys I will take my time of course, I just always plan ahead and get budgets set so I can have the toys asap.

I will be looking into kimbers and mit's alot.
i still have monster cable ic's but as of now i am happy so i am in no rush.
esp on the power cord idea, i am not a power cord beleiver at all, but i will see if i can get a qual cord in the f/s forum.

TubeROller....
Should I bring singles???..lol which on we going to?
I got kicked out of jimmys before so thats out of the question..
really i cant picture you know who at a strip joint...he would blow his amp..j/k

Dec 16, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #30 of 35
bhd --

You pulled the trigger on MY Meridian 588...
As well as everyone else's Meridian 588.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just kidding -- enjoy it, man!

Tell us how it is!

BANGPOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back