I JUST ORDERED THE STAX SR-001mk2
Apr 3, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 40
OK Guys:
I just called JAPAN. The # is 011 81 42 9561178 and they have my order and will send it in 2 days. They said that I should get it by MAY 10 by US mail. If I wanted it in 3 days it would cost another 70.00 by fed ex so I said that MAY 10th is fine. I asked when would they hit my credit card and they said today. This looks like nice friendly people and I donot fear that there will be no problems. I would like to ask someone a question. Are the stax SR-001MK2 suposed to be high end cans. Am I finnally getting top of the line stuff or am I still dreaming.

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:03 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Are the stax SR-001MK2 suposed to be high end cans.

Yup.

Quote:

Am I finnally getting top of the line stuff

I'd bet on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #18 of 40
I just got a confomation on my order and they said it will be shipped out tommorow. They said that they will hit my credit card today and I can pay on MAY 10th? I really dont know what that means.

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
I just got a confomation on my order and they said it will be shipped out tommorow. They said that they will hit my credit card today and I can pay on MAY 10th? I really dont know what that means.

I don't know what you said, but it worked for me too!....
wink.gif
The following was just e-mailed to me....

Hi! Daniel,

Thank you very much for your order.

will ship your order tomorrow by EMS ( a kind of Express mail
which can be traced by computer like FEDEX etc).

You will receive your order within a week.

You will be charged today and need to pay on May 10th.

Thanks again!

Regards
Koji Wakabayashi ?@?@

kojieifl@saturn.netspace.or.jp

?@?@EIFL?@Corporation?@http://www.netspace.or.jp/~eifl/

?@?@?@22-32?@Fujimi?@2-Chome,Sayama?@City,Saitama?@Pref.?@
350-1306 JAPAN

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:20 PM Post #20 of 40
I've tried the Etys and couldn't stand how they fit, for me. Now these stax may just be my ticket. I just checked headroom and they have them for $399. Hmm.... if I didn't just bought the W100 from Matt; but I do have a feeling I'm going to love the W100. Anyone interested in a pair of RS-2?
rolleyes.gif

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #21 of 40
What do they mean that they will hit credit today and you can pay on MAY 10t
By the way you asked what did I say to them. Well RICK I made then an offer that they couldnot refuse.
I am from south phila pa lol

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

What do they mean that they will hit credit today and you can pay on MAY 10th?

I have no idea....
Quote:

By the way you asked what did I say to them. Well RICK I made them an offer that they could not refuse.
I am from south phila pa lol

LOL, it's nice to have friends in high places!

Thanks a million, Lou!......
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #23 of 40
I just spoke to headroom about the stax SR-001MK2 wich they are selling for 399.99 and he said that he didnot think much of them. That he thought that the etys sounded better and were a better buy. He also said that they didnot have much bass, wich would dissapoint me. Help----- Somebody who ownes these things please give me your opion of them.

Apr 3, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

I just spoke to headroom about the stax SR-001MK2 wich they are selling for 399.99 and he said that he didnot think much of them. That he thought that the etys sounded better and were a better buy. He also said that they didnot have much bass, wich would dissapoint me. Help----- Somebody who ownes these things please give me your opion of them.

The only review posted suggested that poth the high and low frequencies were rolled off. I found this to be true with the Stax Basic II and would expect it to be true of the SR-001.

However, I found true neutrality with Stax, even in the Basic II, that I have not yet heard in any other headphone including the Etymotic and suspect that to be somewhat retained in the SR-001.

You have just bought a very nice product that should be easy to resell. You will sell. You will upgrade. You wouldn't be here if these things were not true. Accept your destiny.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 4, 2002 at 12:03 AM Post #25 of 40
Yeah, and it seem's those HeadRoom guy's like lots of thumpin' bass....Makes me want the MK2's even more. I trust some ears around here that tell me they sound real ...not bloated. They never cared much for Stax phones over at that site......

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Yeah, and it seem's those HeadRoom guy's like lots of thumpin' bass....Makes me want the MK2's even more. I trust some ears around here that tell me they sound real ...not bloated. They never cared much for Stax phones over at that site......

smily_headphones1.gif

Why would they. You don't need a Max for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2002 at 12:09 AM Post #27 of 40
RICK:
When I get these stax and if they sound real good and have enough bass for me I am going to lower my 5 star rateing for head room to just 3 stars

Apr 4, 2002 at 12:15 AM Post #28 of 40
geez, I go away for a little bit, and everyone gets all jumpy.

Firstly, I would not worry at all about Mr. Wakabayashi. I had extensive conversations with him over the course of about a week and I always found his responses to be quite prompt, usually within the period of an hour (timezones permitting, of course).

Rick, if you have not gotten a response, then I would email again. If it has been a week with no response, then I believe that somehow the email got lost.

Soundscape was a local dealer in Baltimore MD that I used for comparison purposes for prices in the US and Japan. I have been to soundscape in person on a couple of occasions, and although they are an authorized stax dealer, they don't ordinarily stock stax products. If you order from soundscape, besides being more expenisive, it will probably take longer for them to ship.

EIFL was very fast with shipping, although I believe that when I ordered, the headphones were not in stock, so I had to wait about 2 days or so for them to be recieved, and once they received them, I got them two days later. They told me 7 days also, but I think this includes the time it takes for them to get a pair in.

EMS packages can be tracked via the USPS website. It will come via usps delivery once in the US.

Please don't have any reservations about ordering from EIFL. I honestly would not hesitate from doing business with them again.I have no connections with EIFL other than being a satisfied customer, so I have no reason to misrepresent my experience with them.

If you are conserned about not liking the STAX, well... I don't know what to tell you. I guess it helps if you have heard electrostatics before, it gives you an idea of what to expect. I have not heard the etymotics personally, so I can't comment directly about a comparison, but I find the stax system quite enjoyable, and I do not reget getting the sr-001 over the etymotics. Having a more conventional (non-in-the-ear-canal) headphones is a lot more convienient as well, in my opinion.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Driftwood

Apr 4, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #29 of 40
tell me what you think of those W100's, darkclouds, I'm getting some soon too!!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back