I just ordered Denon AH-D2000 and Fiio E10
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

woostar88

New Head-Fier
After doing some extensive research, I ordered Denon d2000 for $250 brand new and e10 as well.

What can I expect from them? and how long do I have to do burn-in process? also what are some right way to burn-in these pair?

thanks!

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 9
I might add, this is first time purchasing any audiophile equipment! Initially I was planning on Sennheiser HD600 but I figure I will be using these pair for movies, hiphop, and rock. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 9
that's great to hear! I was skeptical at first, because I've used Beats by dre... and i hated them besides the looks. Since im going to use these pair at home only, I am super excited for it to arrive soon. These pairs are pain in the butt to get hold of. Good thing that I purchased the last pair on ebay for $250 brand new unopened. 

Also, these go for around $350 retail... so hopefully I made a good decision. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 9
I own quite a few higher end cans. LCD 2s recently came to my door, quite a few higher end Grados, sen 555,600,650, ext... ext...

To this day, my favorite jam out cans are still my d2k's. Even compared to their higher-price brethren, which I have listened to quite a bit, I still pick them just about everytime I sit down. They are just so fun and easy to listen to.

Now onto amping.....

I've had the 2k's quite a while, and thus they have seen a dozen or so desktop amps, and 5-6 portables. The best amp I have heard them on is my recently bought M^3 with o11 psu. Dont ask me to tell you why, but it really shines with them, even compared to some other amps (such as the little dot 1+) which are touted as great for low impedence headphones. Probly a little too much for a new guy though.

I tried them out of a E10 and they sounded just fine. If you wanted to spend a little more in the future, the little dots do indeed sound good and can be picked up used for a nice price in the sale section once and a while.

Cant comment about the burn in. I dont think I can remember that far back.

All the best,
Cory

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 9
thank you for your inputs. This has been one of my most toughest purchases i've ever made. Doing extensive research along with followed by more research. I just couldn't put my hands on which pair to go with... And there was whole another Amp thing as well.

Finally, I needed to make a decision, because I am going on a road trip where i'll be sitting in the back of the bus jamming away. (bolt bus! with outlets!) so I needed to make one quick! This has been the most money i've ever spend on any audio equipment besides my Gibson SG. 

Anyways, I hope these will last me awhile... i've been using Logitech G35 for my gaming... but they SUCK! and very uncomfortable... so I traded it with my iPhone earphone.. imagine that. 

I am not sure if my Amp choice was good or bad... im going to be using it on my Macbook Air. mostly for movies and music. Perhaps gaming on my desktop as well. Anyways, let me know if e10 is any good for these cans.

thanks!

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 9
As I said erlier, I've had the 2k's on a e10 before and it sounded decent. Not as good as I've heard them obviously, but IMHO there as good as any other amp around that price range for the 2k's.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 9
You really like the D2000s better than the LCD-2? I was planning on upgrading to the LCD-2 eventually from my D2Ks. 

Anyways, let them burn in before you decide to ship it back or keep it, because you may be dissappointed with them at first, partly because of the bright highs. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
You really like the D2000s better than the LCD-2? I was planning on upgrading to the LCD-2 eventually from my D2Ks. 

Anyways, let them burn in before you decide to ship it back or keep it, because you may be dissappointed with them at first, partly because of the bright highs. 

I'm for sure not saying the D2k's are superior to the LCD2's, just that the D2K's are very easy to listen to and are what I normally grab. For just sitting back and getting work done with music in the background, 80% of when I listen, I prefer the denons. The 2k's are slightly V shaped and are just "fun."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back