I just got the deal of the month!
May 12, 2004 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

nismo96

500+ Head-Fier
I was out running errands and stopped by the local pawn shop. In it I found a pair of Grado SR125 headphones shrinkwrapped with a Sony PCDP and connected by a Radio Shack adaptor. The AC adaptor was included too. I asked the sales guy how much he was asking for the kit. He said $20, I said I'll take it.
rs1smile.gif
I got home with the gear and found that the PCDP is a D-101, I found the proprietary battery in the PCDP too. I am so amazed by this deal. I basically got the SR125s for free. The PCDP doesn't sound so bad either when paired with my Supermini.

I just had to share this info.
icon10.gif

May 12, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 27
Man lucky you, I think I'll visit some local pawn shops, have never tried them. You never know what they might have, and they might not know what they have if you know what I mean
biggrin.gif
, some amazing deals are possible some times.

May 12, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 27
Wow, this shows that pawn shops are still relevant in shopping these days. A pawn shop was where I snagged my Denon. Congrats on the total steal.

May 12, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedr
...I think I'll visit some local pawn shops, ...

Count me in too. Man, there have been a couple of nice stories recently, so maybe its time to pick up the phone book and check out some local shops to see if they have anything worth buying.

Congrats on the awesome find nismo.

May 12, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 27
Nice find!! I hit them (pawn shops) alot. I used to live in them. They are great for used music. CD's go for 3-5 bucks and they always have something to listen to them in the store.
icon10.gif

May 12, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 27
So SR-125 were thrown in as a replacement for missing earbuds? Talk about how looks don't matter! Wow, that's a great deal indeed!

May 12, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 27
Congratulations! Making a deal like that gives me such pleasure. I got my D-25 for $40 shipped, my D-E905 for $80, my HD580's for $90, replacement cable made out of Grado cable (sounds AWESOME!) for $55. I should hit some pawn shops up around here! Thanks for the tip.

May 13, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #13 of 27
I can imagine a pair of Grado HP1000s in a pawnshop for like, $50 or something... there must be some of these lying around in recording studios and such, and all it would take is for one of these places to switch to a different brand
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #14 of 27
Wow, what outstanding luck! That's a great addition to your collection. I'm jealous. Every time I go into a pawn shop there is nothing but junk! . . . . . Happy listening!

- augustwest

May 19, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #15 of 27
The PCDP didn't work with batteries at all, so I took it back for an exchange. I left the Grados at home. The guy checked the PCDP out and offered me an exchange, I didn't see anything I liked, so he refunded me the purchase price. My SR125s are mine now for a net cost of $0. I am so stoked.

I just bought a Sony D-NE500 tonight as my new PCDP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back