I Just Got My JPS Labs Superconductor Cables! Woohoo!
Jul 13, 2001 at 4:33 AM Post #16 of 33
no crushed velvet though.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 13, 2001 at 4:39 AM Post #18 of 33
Sweet! As soon as I win the lottery, that will be my first purchase! I still can't believe it... a power cable that comes in its own wooden case and a signed certificate...

Jul 13, 2001 at 4:54 AM Post #19 of 33
Ok, here is the King of Power Cords in my opinion from Electraglide Audio.
Introducing...................

************Genghis Khan Limited Edition************
Bow to the Mongolian King!

From Electraglideaudio's site:
"The greatest power cord history has known! This special creation is our latest development. A massive 7 pounds of silver are used in construction. Due to the labor intensive nature of building each Genghis Khan by hand, we will limit production to 200 units."

Retail $4,500.00

Hey, at least its cheaper than Tara Labs "THE ZERO" The First Vaccum 1M interconnect that retails for *GASP* $10,000!

Jul 13, 2001 at 6:36 AM Post #21 of 33
Zero-with-FGS.jpg

[size=medium]The ZERO[/size]

TERMINATION OPTIONS =
• RCA
(Torque-Lock™)
• XLR

SHIELDING =
• Anti-corrosion coated Super-Annealed OF8N™
copper
• Isolated Floating Shield™ technology
• Pairs supplied with Zero™ Solo Floating Gound Station®

APPLICATIONS =
• Extreme quality audio and home theater components requiring the ultimate connection interface.
• Any environment where high levels of RFI/EMI exist.

CHARACTERISTICS =
• Vacuum Dielectric eliminates coloration and distortion.
• Exquisitely revealing of low level ambient and spatial information.
• Vacuum Dielectric construction and Rectangular Solid Core® conductors create vanishingly low noise floor, enabling the listener to hear micro detail and micro dynamics like never before.

Headphones_anim.gif
DJsmile.gif
grins.gif

Jul 13, 2001 at 7:08 AM Post #22 of 33
boy has this thread taken off since i last checked
smily_headphones1.gif

anyhow, i bought the jps cables as a demo from a local store here in town. took em off of a nice pair of b&w nautilus 804's.

sorry to disappoint, but a review will have to wait a month or two. i'm almost finished building my 2ch speaker system...i have the cd player, speakers, cabling, and accessories. all i need now is the amp, which i'm still hunting down (after many months of searching). i can't connect them to my "intern" amp now (an old inexpensive technics integrated) because it only accepts bare wire.

however, i did try them out on my mccormack mid, connected to my speakers, simply because i couldn't see them being totally unused in their anti-static baggie (nuthin special, like what you get w/ computer parts). it took me about 30 minutes to connect them, as they are horribly horribly inconveniently stiffly stiff. you gotta bend them to fit your equipment, and initially they were not bent to fit my equipment, so it was a challenge to get it bent just right. i now have a violent distaste for spades and unflexible cabling, and especially trying to manuever an extra thick biwire...

who knew hifi was such work? but in the end, the sound is what matters, and hopefully when i get a decent amp, sound is what i'll get...any sound...any sound at all would be nice...

Jul 13, 2001 at 8:19 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by MooGoesTheCow
i can't connect them to my "intern" amp now (an old inexpensive technics integrated) because it only accepts bare wire.

So I don't get it -- why don't you just take those JPS's and strip the ends so you can put them in the Technics?.....JUST KIDDING!
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2001 at 2:43 PM Post #24 of 33
I don't know the technical issues of why a power cord would make a difference but believe me it does. I tried it with my tube amps and both detail and clarity improved. The thing I didn't like is that I also lost some warmth. I'm big on warmth.
biggrin.gif
That's why I want to try another cord. I heard that the silver power cords are the best but also the most expensive.
eek.gif
I will do some more research and see what I can find. I'm in the middle of selling mine. I should know by Monday if the guy who contacted me still wants it.

Jul 13, 2001 at 2:55 PM Post #25 of 33
I think the next (logical?) step after purchasing my $8500 power cable that plugs into my $95 wall outlet would be to upgrade the internal wall wiring as well as the wiring to my nearest transformer and base station. Because I understand that this will become slightly expensive, I am researching relevant land use regulations in an effort to construct a small, self-maintaining nuclear reactor in my basement / playroom. The reactor's generator will power my equipment as well as a refrigeration device for super-cooling the super-conductive power cable in the walls of my home. One consequence of the attendant radiation may be some unwanted interference, so I am also considering moving my living quarters next door, where I will purchase my neighbor's home and completely cover it in aluminum foil and place in on anti-resonant spikes.

Everything sounds fine to me
Ponzio

Jul 13, 2001 at 3:41 PM Post #26 of 33
Ponzio,
This is the mistake so many misguided audiophiles make. You do not want to go nuclear: It’s not the quantity of power, it’s the quality! A hydroelectric approach will bring vast improvements, let’s call it a tube-like liquidity. But the definitive, the truly magical solution is wind-energy, of course. There is nothing, trust me, nothing that comes even close in terms of sheer musicality.

Jul 13, 2001 at 4:34 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Tomcat wrote...

But the definitive, the truly magical solution is wind-energy, of course.

Don't use it w/ Grados, though, or you can kiss that impact good-bye! Not to mention loose bass...

Jul 13, 2001 at 4:36 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Tomcat wrote...

A hydroelectric approach will bring vast improvements, let’s call it a tube-like liquidity.

Hydroelectric power may get you a liquid sound, but it'll be pretty cold. How about geothermal energy? That would get you a liquidy sound, but still relatively tight bass, and a magically warm mid-range...

Jul 13, 2001 at 5:09 PM Post #30 of 33
ponzio, that was a joke, right? NO?!

Well, then....

Want to have a room-mate?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back