I just can't get a break...
Mar 15, 2005 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
Last night, I check my paypal account and there is a transaction for $130 that I did not authorize. I guess someone, somehow used my account to buy something off of ebay. So I call my bank. They basically tell me that they can do nothing. I call paypal at 11:00pm and they put me on hold until 12:30am. So I send a complaint through their resolution center. So I'm out $130 for now.

As if that wasn't enough. I woke up today to cook top ramen noodles(I'm sick) and when I take the bowl out of the microwave, it cracks. I then dropped the bowl and the water bounced up and hit my arm. So I sustained a large second degree burn across my right arm. They fookin doctors give me antibiotics, but nothing for the pain, so as I sit here typing this, it feels as if my arm is about to fall off.

Sorry for the rant but I'm kind of pissed and in pain right now.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 13
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes happening all at once. Life really sucks when crap happens in continuation. If it means anything take a few minutes to cool down a bit, no sense in getting more upset at what already happened and possibly making a bad situation worst. Take care of your cold and burns first as your health is of the upmost importance, get some rest. If you can muster the strength, since you're sick, continually follow up with Paypal to see if anything is being done about the malicious transaction on your account. $130 is alot of money to be out of.

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 13
That's really strange considering our recent AKG501 transaction... ??? How can someone use your paypal account without logging into it? Does your computer autologin to paypal.com or ebay.com?

-Alex

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexhifi
That's really strange considering our recent AKG501 transaction... ??? How can someone use your paypal account without logging into it? Does your computer autologin to paypal.com or ebay.com?

-Alex

Yes, I did auto login before this happens which could mean that someone on my dorm hall did this, but not likely. Hopefully I can get a refund. I'll try to get the akgs out today, but if I can't I'll get them out tomorrow.

Mar 15, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 13
You may be infected with a key-logger trojan. In which case they have your account name and password along with your computer username and password.

If you have any monies in your PayPal account - now is the time to protect it by freezing the account, transferring the funds and changing your cards.

Besides running anti-virus, anti-worm and anti-BHO software, I suggest you run tds-3 on it.

If it comes up clran then the site may have been spoofed - in which case they just have your PayPal account & password. They may haveeven locked you out of your own account by changing your password and shipping address.

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 13
Boy am I glad i didn't open up a paypal account. $130 is a lot of money.
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
Yes, I did auto login before this happens which could mean that someone on my dorm hall did this, but not likely. Hopefully I can get a refund. I'll try to get the akgs out today, but if I can't I'll get them out tomorrow.

I agree with the others, change your password and run a complete scan on your machine. NEVER use autologin with finance stuff, especially in a dorm environment!!! Now that money I gave you will only cover your loss. I'm really sorry man.
frown.gif

No rush on the AKGs!
smily_headphones1.gif

-Alex

Mar 16, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 13
That's tough.

If you used a credit card at all to deposit money with Paypal or anything, you might try logging a complaint with them. I don't have very much experience with Paypal, but my mom got ripped off on ebay once, and the credit card refunded her the money. I don't know if the situations are similar enough, but good luck.

Mar 16, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
also remember the rule of bad day's
when you get one bad day you get two great days in return!
orphsmile.gif

Suweeeet....That mean I got something like 2 months worth of good days lined up for me!!!!! Yessssss.......

Now if only I could get something positive in my life going to start the great days...woo!

Mar 16, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #12 of 13
Well the burn has left me with mad scars on my arm, but I like scars(they tell storys). Hoepfully it heals soon. When I was lifting weights yesterday, I could feel it stretching and had to shorten my routine.

Mar 16, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 13
Man, all that and C-Webb is totally blowin it. Anyway, I agree that you need to scan your system, the two most popular are lavasoft ad-aware and spybot search & destroy. They are both free and easy to use, google 'em. If you are a more advanced user get HijackThis! to manually change what is running-but it is also a good way to screw up your computer if you don't know what you're doing.

Oh, and AI is awesome, but Baron Davis is the future baby! WARRIORS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back