I just bought Colorfly C4
Mar 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:
Did you update the C4 firmware to see if that noise inbetween tracks was fixed?

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.colorfly.eu%2Fdownload.html&ei=BtZKUYCAEaiTiAePmoHIBg&usg=AFQjCNHpqRjRv7SAT4EgRPCP_fYxQkWPrA&sig2=mdF7m-KXSsXngb6JNqRCGg&bvm=bv.44158598,d.dGY

Unfortunately the fimware updates does not fix the noise between tracks on hi rez files
size]

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #32 of 39
That's a shame, one of the problems with Colorfly is support and updates are near non exsistant. Theyve left more than a few strings untied with C3 and CK4 too. You would think differently for thier flagship. Thier players are decent but they all seem to have bugs present of some kind without a care In the world to fix them.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:
That's a shame, one of the problems with Colorfly is support and updates are near non exsistant. Theyve left more than a few strings untied with C3 and CK4 too. You would think differently for thier flagship. Thier players are decent but they all seem to have bugs present of some kind without a care In the world to fix them.

I concur. 

Good that I just bought the 16gig version iso the 32gig................and saved $100.

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #35 of 39
Anyone have both the HiSound Anniversary 3 and the C4? I have the Hisound, thinking of possible upgrade, not sure from everything I've been reading if the "high end" players like the C4 (and the iBasso, iRiver AK100) are really much better sounding. The UI on the HiSound is maddening, but I'm not getting the sense that that is better on any of these high end daps either.

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #36 of 39
I have just bought a C4 and wow! I am blown away with the sq, I am using it with my HD600's and the sound is sublime especially on Teddy Thompson's Up Front and Down Low. I am completely sold on this as my new best DAP. I would welcome any support on how best to use it with Mac OS.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #37 of 39
I recently got one (a 16GB version). I don't think I've ever been as confused by a player as this one. It has very likeable qualities but for me there are too many subtle deviations from neutral for my liking. The sound tends to be a bit thicker than other players and the sound overall is a little V shaped (slightly more bass/treble) compared to some players. It is a very high quality player but could be even more so without some of these 'enhancements'. Rather than just sending the output from the pre-amps into the R/L channel it in some way projects the sound of the headphones forward giving a sort of '3D' sound similar to speakers or live performance rather than the way headphones usually sound. Doing this will reduce sound quality a little but it is well done and the fidelity is high enough to support this. I don't really like this 3D effect. My Sennheiser HD595s lose some of the texture and accuracy they are capable of with this 'enhancement' and there is no way to switch it off. I suspect the majority of people would prefer these alterations to the sound to how I would like it. It's the same old problem with high-end gear: make a flat/neutral /uncoloured player that ruthlessly plays your music files as they are and few people want that (except a small minority), because it's too 'boring' or sounds awful with some recordings. Therefore manufacturers do like Colorfly and add little 'enhancements', not too much though but always deviating (in different ways for each player) from balanced/neutral.

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #38 of 39
I have just bought a C4 and wow! I am blown away with the sq, I am using it with my HD600's and the sound is sublime especially on Teddy Thompson's Up Front and Down Low. I am completely sold on this as my new best DAP. I would welcome any support on how best to use it with Mac OS.

What kind of support for Mac are you looking for? Got that combo myself and figured out some loose ends myself. Happy to help, just ask.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #39 of 39

Apologies for the tardy response. I use "eject for windows" which has banished the ghost files, but I still have problems with album tracks not being in the correct order, do you know what I might be doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back