I hit the Zune/Woot jackpot!
Oct 26, 2007 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

audiomagnate

1000+ Head-Fier
I ordered a second Zune, a brown (blech) one for $79 the other day and was about to complain because it hadn't been shipped. Here's the email I just got:

A decision has been made without you on your recent Brown Zune order from the 22nd. I will be transparent about this-I can only hope it meets your approval.

Yesterday, as our warehouse wrapped up the Zune shipments, an unexpected shortage of brown zunes was reported. A rather large shortage in fact. It turns out we ran the brown zune blowout so quickly, some 1400 from previous shipments had not been removed from the inventory numbers. Not good.

We made the emergency call to substitute BLACK zunes to complete your shipment.

While many did not care about color, and some may perceive the black color to be a higher value (correct at least from Woot's financial perspective), the dilemma was of course it wasn't what you ordered. Unfortunately, we also had little time to act as we were at the fringe of shipment expectations already. The story does get better, however; we were able to persuade our marketing minds that this was a good opportunity for their budget to expand:

We have included a bonus: A Microsoft Zune Travel Pack has been shipped with your order

The Zune Travel Pack has 5 products including the Zune Premium Earphones, Dual Connect Remote, AC Charger, Sync cable, and a decent bag. These are new retail boxed and carry a Microsoft MSRP of $99.99. Information from Microsoft and links to street pricing are here: http://www.zune.net/en-us/accessorie...ravelpack.htm#

While your orders left our building only recently, they are on their way. I hope that those of you who are fans of the brown zune find our emergency solution to be acceptable-it was a rather expensive action. Due to logistics delay, there was no time available to make this an opt-in program (or everyone's zunes would not ship until next week.) As things stand now, if this solution does not meet with your acceptance, we're down to a last resort of issuing a call-tag to pick it back up (once it arrives) and issue you a full refund. Please contact rma@woot.com if you know in advance that you'll need to return.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Woot.

Matt Rutledge
founder, CEO

on behalf of Woot Member Service -

Oct 26, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 35
Definitely nice of Woot to do that. Black is the best one anyway
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 35
so nice..and you are a lucky...lucky dude.

Oct 27, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woot sounds like some one to do buisness with! what is woot's url?

www.woot.com

Sometimes a worthwhile deal, sometimes not. It just depends on what you happen to be looking for, and a bit of luck never hurts.

Oct 27, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 35
Oct 27, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, so does woot only sale one item a day until it's sold out?

Unless there's a woot off!! There were two in the last couple of weeks, my productivity at work plummeted.

There's also shirt.woot, and sellout.woot (via yahoo shopping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back