I *heart* Bose! (The Official Appreciation Thread)
Mar 29, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
people dont die from junk food they die from lack of exercise.

I think it's a combination of both. I'm headed straight towards death ATM and loving every minute of it.
biggrin.gif
I'll let future me deal with it.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #32 of 56
The Bose are comfortable but thats about all they got going for them. In terms of upgrades from most peoples 'phones they are definitely a step up but they perform poorly for the money.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #33 of 56
I haven't heard Bose headphones but I've listened to Bose Lifestyle. I wouldn't pay more then a couple of hundred quid for them, if I were given one it'll be installed in a kids boxroom or a garden shed.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #34 of 56
My take on Bose:

They are engineered well sound-wise, but sold for about three times their worth. When I say they're engineered well sound-wise, I don't mean they sound true to the recording, but that they sound PLEASANT to the average consumer. This, in turn, creates a fully marketing-based product.

Bose is made for marketing and having something people see as "high quality", not for the kind of listening we do.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #35 of 56
i went to an apple store yesterday and listened to the bose with an ipod. I am amazed and happy that most people think that these are "audiophile". Lets keep the truth a secret from the masses.

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #36 of 56
When I've borrowed Bose headphones (Triports) I find that they are very good for 2 things, one is comfort - outstanding. The other thing I find they are very good for is that I really enjoy them for doing homework. The sound is good enough that it doesn't get in the way of the music, but at the same time they do not distract you by making your music uncontrollably entertaining. I find that if you listen to them without analysing their sound, then its almost like hypnosis - time goes by and you won't even remember what songs you listened to. For analytical listening they don't stack up, but they are relaxing IMHO. Turnoffs are of course the price to sound quality ratio, the fragility, and the fact that they don't make music sound "lively" in any way (to my ears anyway).

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #37 of 56
You sell Triports for $39, and I'll post in this thread about how much I like them. If they continue to sell at absurd prices, then I'm forced to write them off as total crap.

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by yappering /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i went to an apple store yesterday and listened to the bose with an ipod. I am amazed and happy that most people think that these are "audiophile". Lets keep the truth a secret from the masses.

There is no advantage for audiophiles to keep this stuff a secret. If good sound were more popular, there would be more and cheaper high quality headphones and related audio equipment.

Knowing more about headphone sound quality than the majority of people should not be a source of pride, BTW. This is just a stupid hobby.

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sell Triports for $39, and I'll post in this thread about how much I like them. If they continue to sell at absurd prices, then I'm forced to write them off as total crap.

x2

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vintage Bose 901 speakers aren't half bad. I'll withhold comment on Bose headphones.

901s. finicky with placement and coloured. but they did sound good.
that bose fella certainly had a good idea with them 901s, using the rear walls to bounce the sound and all.

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #44 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
901s. finicky with placement and coloured. but they did sound good.
that bose fella certainly had a good idea with them 901s, using the rear walls to bounce the sound and all.

I remember listening to 901s and 802s a few times. It was a long time ago and I was mainly impressed that they could get decent loud off of a 1400w PA amp.

None of that reflection stuff was used either, just get your head close to the speakers.
biggrin.gif

[size=xx-small]
Maybe that's why I can't hear well anymore....[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back