I have West Nile
Jul 24, 2003 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
Yes, unfortunately.
frown.gif

lol just kidding.
tongue.gif
However, I think I might have some west nile virus carriers around my backyard. Because I found two dead birds in the last 4 weeks and I just picked up another one this morning. I found them all around the same spot, within 3 feet of where the others were found. Sounds very suspicious doesn't it. But what I don't understand is why those birds picked that same spot to die? Then I remember we have a 40"x40" mirror hanging on the wooden fence just above where I found the dead birds. Could they be stupid enough to crash into the mirror and snapped their necks? Eww, now I feel like I am the murderer of the three poor birds.
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Seriously, should I be concerned?
confused.gif

Jul 24, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 11
well, for one. DONT pick them up yourself, get someone in their to get them. they will then test them to see what they have, if anything.

Jul 24, 2003 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 11
You may be right about the mirror. I had a house a few years ago that had two huge windows which I covered with reflective insulating accordion blinds. After 6 birds (including 1 hawk) crashed into the windows in the first two weeks (a nearby tree was reflecting in the windows) I was forced to replace the $1200 blinds with ordinary verticals.

Get rid of the mirror.

Jul 24, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 11
Jul 24, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 11
The birds see a competitor/enemy coming straight at them, they attack it, fly beak on at the mirror, and poof, dead bird.

Jul 25, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 11
I can't help but think that MERTON can bring a unique comical aspect to this thread. MERTON, where are you?
-Mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back