I...have...tinnitus?
Nov 1, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #61 of 72
Wow, thank you SO much El Duderino! I knew I had tinnitus, but it was much milder. And it's in both ears at about the same intensity. Thank you for your advice. It really puts my worrying mind to rest a bit until I can go see a doctor tomorrow, if my schedule will allow it.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #62 of 72
Getting tinnitus really freaks me out, but listening to low to moderate volumes just doesn't do it.

What kind of tortuous compromise is that? Either listening to your music softly, thus preserving your hearing at the cost of unlively/unmoving listening sessions; or grooving to your music med.loud, to blaring, & getting tinnitus in the process.

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of tortuous compromise is that? Either listening to your music softly, thus preserving your hearing at the cost of unlively/unmoving listening sessions; or grooving to your music med.loud, to blaring, & getting tinnitus in the process.

Different headphones take different levels of volume to make it happen.

In my opinion, Sennheisers take high levels of volume (well within 80 dB) to make it exciting, but the nice tonal coloration on my AT's are much nicer to listen at lower volumes.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #64 of 72
What the... I woke up with tinnitus, had a headache and took a test, came back to the room, and my tinnitus is gone...

Darn... it came back.

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the... I woke up with tinnitus, had a headache and took a test, came back to the room, and my tinnitus is gone...

Darn... it came back.

Are you/have you been on aspirin or any aspirin-containing meds (a lot of them contain small amounts of aspirin) for your recent cold/headache? Alternatively, any NSAIDS (ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.)? Both of these can produce tinnitus. You also mention an exam/test that you took....stress can do it too! Something to consider.

El duderino

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #66 of 72
I'll be going to see a doctor tomorrow. I did take some pills for two days. My mom, a pharmacist, told me to take some, so I did, but that didn't seem to help much. Thank you again for your advice. I'll report back after seeing the doctor tomorrow.

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #67 of 72
I have moderate tinnitus at around 5k or so, but if I open my mouth, I can get an 8K to 10 k tone going on top of the lower tone. The wider I open the louder it gets. If I stretch my mouth open to the absolute limit, the higher tone gets ridiculously loud.

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #69 of 72
I thought I had tinnitus for a while... But it turned out that I was hearing a high pitch coming from the compact florescent light from above (though it seemed like it was in my ear). Since only incandescent bulbs are to be used with a dimmer, the CFL didn't take well with the circuitry, i think.

Scared me a good while, shoot. Took me some time to figure why I only get tinnitus in my room.... and when it was dark.... duh
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #70 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A tinnitus might be also caused by other reasons than loud music, especially through stress, frustration & alike. If you have tinnitus, it gets worse the more attention you pay to it. Best thing is to regard it as integral part of yourself - when it becomes louder, it's time to slow down with whatever.

Yeah, I sleep with my fan on..Very soothing..

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #71 of 72
My tinnitus seems worse when I just wake up, and then gets a little better through the day. Doctor's appointment on Monday to check out my cold.

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #72 of 72
Went to the doctor, and she told me that my tinnitus could possibly be because of the wax build up in my ears. The membrane on one ear was completely blocked from view and the other was three quarters obstructed. Using Debrox right now to clean it up and see how it goes. I've always had sensitive ears, so I tried my best not to irritate my ears at all, but I guess that led to the current problems.

As for my other symptoms, it's currently been chalked up to the crappy allergenic nature of Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back