I have AGP...Dont want to upgrade EVERYTHING to PCI-E
Feb 4, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #31 of 34
I did a lot of thinking...Peter is sending me my main rig next week...will I need two full blown systems...

I decided against keeping the 7800 GS OC and sadly took it back to BB this afternoon.

Going back to the 6600GT feels like entering an F1 race with my Integra
rolleyes.gif

Still...wont be too long before my main rig arrives
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000
With that dual core Opteron and the 7800GT, I think you're going to have another WOW moment.

I am positive about that. I've missed quite a few development cycles in the CPU department...i just got a taste of the GPU department with the 7800 GS OC...The higher performance motherboard and RAM will have an impact. Finally - 2GB of RAM should floor me when coupled with a Dual-Core Opty.

Peter already has the Opty at 2.6. I've asked him to back it down to 2.4 for now...when I run out of room i'll bump it back up.

As long as my rig can churn out a steady 40 fps for all current games without fuss at highest graphics settings and at 1280x1024 or higher...I will be happy.

The desktop I am using now will have all my applications, email...all that crap. new rig running only those applications that will benefit from dual-core...and all high end games obviously
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back