I have access to an Epson 4800, what do I print?
May 27, 2006 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

dougmwpsu

100+ Head-Fier
I just found my school’s wide format glossy color printer in the fine arts building. It can print 16”x21” in 2800 dpi. Since I have bare walls in my apartment I thought I’d print a few posters to spruce things up. I’ve already printed this… (turned out awesome)

I’m having trouble finding very high resolution photography and downloadable posters to print out. I wondered if anyone knew of some internet repositories for such things.
Also if you have just any generally cool ideas of things to print, that would be greatly welcomed too.

May 27, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys
I have ALWAYS!!!! wanted to do something like http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/99...E506/?ALLSTEPS

Oh! that's totally brilliant! when i have more time i'll have to turn one of my favorite books into some wall art

update: i fooled around in photoshop a bit and i think i can use clipping masks to turn the text of a novel into a full color photo... now i just have to decide what book and what picture i want to use

May 27, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 25
Well, certainly Google would be your friend if you were to search for "hi resolution" whatever. Keep in mid, though, that nobodoy will post too much online in high res because then someone else can print it and possibly even sell it. There have got to be some places out there, though. If you can't right click and get it form the site, remember that it probably lives in your cache at that point anyway...(you didn't hear that from me...)

If you are hear at head-fi, go search out some headphone or component photos. Manufacturers love to post tha kind of stuff.

May 27, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 25
Hmm, what was that program that allowed you to put in a picture and print it out across multiple pages in poster form? It was on here a while back, I'm sure it was called "Rastifior" or something weird...
confused.gif

May 27, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood
Hmm, what was that program that allowed you to put in a picture and print it out across multiple pages in poster form? It was on here a while back, I'm sure it was called "Rastifior" or something weird...
confused.gif

The Rasterbator!!

Raserbate your images!!!

May 27, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman19853
The Rasterbator!!

Raserbate your images!!!

Aha, thank you kind sir. I knew it had a weird name
tongue.gif

May 27, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 25
^ I didn't know something like that existed! Now I have a new excuse to use the platter printer in the tech labs.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #12 of 25
I have a massive panoramic photo of Mars in my room. (my dad had access to one very large printer), and while you can't print something as big, Nasa has some very cool hi-res photos of Mars/Hubble shots.

May 28, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 25
I just remembered: you can find a lot of large good art on Deviant Art. Last time I found some I printed it out and put it on my wall.

May 28, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dougmwpsu
I just found my school’s wide format glossy color printer in the fine arts building. It can print 16”x21” in 2800 dpi. Since I have bare walls in my apartment I thought I’d print a few posters to spruce things up. I’ve already printed this… (turned out awesome)

I’m having trouble finding very high resolution photography and downloadable posters to print out. I wondered if anyone knew of some internet repositories for such things.
Also if you have just any generally cool ideas of things to print, that would be greatly welcomed too.

Dude, rasterbate some uber-high resolution image of Jessica Alba or something.

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

check the skins.be forums, I've seen some crazy resolutions of Jessica Alba there.

http://forum.skins.be/viewforum.php?...08dca9a1975047

there you go, have your browse.

Check this:
http://forum.skins.be/viewtopic.php?t=79&start=590
Now click one of those alba pictures, tell me if the res is good enough for you
biggrin.gif

I clicked one.. the res... : 4058 x 2700 pixels

May 28, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #15 of 25
Wow, that prime poster is amazing. I wonder if there is one like that for PI. I know this is a lot to ask, but would you be willing to take a picture of the poster you printed off on your wall? I would be willing to pay you to print me off one and pay for both way shipping if it's nice, if you'de be kind enough to do so for me, I just find that too awesomely geeky.

Edit :: Checked the site, now I want the pi and e one. Wow, I'm such a nerd. I might order it from them, i'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back