I have a slight rodent problem
May 6, 2006 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

XxATOLxX

Headphoneus Supremus
Today I was at the store and this rodent just runs across the room and gets behind some equipment. I tried chasing it out but the thing is too damn quick. Is there something I can use to trap the thing or one of those supersonic frequency blasters that chase it out?

May 6, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 29
Have you considered a live trap?
confused.gif

Laz

May 6, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 29
I find that classic mouse/rat traps work the best. Better than those poison huts where the mouse gets lured into a small enclosure that closes them in and has poisoned 'food' inside where they would eat it and slowly die.
That way the classic is quick, efficient, and cheap.
Happy hunting
victors.jpg

May 6, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 29
Get a big CAT
icon10.gif

Honestly see if you can find where its getting in first.
Don't leave food scraps around.
Try a traditional trap
If squeamish and don't fancy above,call in the pest control guys.
tongue.gif

May 6, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 29
Rumour has it... and I have not tried this, so this is complete heresay... that if you get a cat poo, and put it somewhere (obviously with a cover so you don't tread on it) then the mice think there's a cat around and run away.

Apparently a similar method is good for getting cats to stay out of your garden, you go to your local zoo and ask for some lion poo. They have tonnes of the stuff. Then you dig it into your soil. Any cats just go "crikey, he smells big. I'm outa here!!!"

Try it. The simple solution, the poo solution.

May 6, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
What a crappy idea.

lol...

May 7, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #13 of 29
You could always try what I did.Some years ago(don't remeber really how far back)my dad and i wer ein thekitchen making dinner and we had a clay bird feeder and it had this big hole on top of it.I had my back to the window looking and but my dad said theres a mouce(it was a rat)on the feeder.I said i'm going to get my crossbow and shoot it..whihc i did after 2 other trys.one try i didn;t have the bolt/arrow back far enough and the second try i had the saftey on
confused.gif
but the third time i got him.it was from about 20 feet(more or less)from where i was and i was sitting down to minimize my profile.but the rat jumped up and down a few times but it did die later(i watched it from thekitchen to make sure it wouldn;t go into some hard to get area and die)

May 7, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #14 of 29
I used to have a rodent problem. I found that a piece of wonder bread rolled up into a ball is great for mouse-trap bait. And as for the mice traps being cruel, well if you buy a good set it should snap the mouse's neck in one swoop. Going on the cheap is bad. Once I bought some cheap dollar store traps only to find the mice half alive the next morning.

*edit*
I find that using cheese from a block is useless. Same with candy. Don't know if those'll attract the mice in your region but it's all trial and error.

May 7, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by silentshadow
You could always try what I did.Some years ago(don't remeber really how far back)my dad and i wer ein thekitchen making dinner and we had a clay bird feeder and it had this big hole on top of it.I had my back to the window looking and but my dad said theres a mouce(it was a rat)on the feeder.I said i'm going to get my crossbow and shoot it..whihc i did after 2 other trys.one try i didn;t have the bolt/arrow back far enough and the second try i had the saftey on
confused.gif
but the third time i got him.it was from about 20 feet(more or less)from where i was and i was sitting down to minimize my profile.but the rat jumped up and down a few times but it did die later(i watched it from thekitchen to make sure it wouldn;t go into some hard to get area and die)

Uhh...? Umm... Come again. [size=xx-small]fix your profile too[/size]

Just use standard mouse traps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back