I have a penny thought. For the forum.
Apr 10, 2022 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

punkedrock

100+ Head-Fier
Okay so yes there’s a ton of advice in this forum.

However if anybody could go through who’s obsessed with threads and try and put various topics into downloadable .pdfs that would be awesome - and the .pdfs could be downloadable directly from registered users of the forum debated ect just like Wikipedia.

Apr 10, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Opera browser has an option to download a webpage as a PDF. It only works for one page no matter how long it is, so it wouldn't work for long threads. It also doesn't always render correctly. But, it is a good way to save pages if you find some good posts on one page.

Apr 10, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Regarding your comment on good posts.

My idea is a write up by the thread pros in a Wikipedia style .pdf that you can download for each and every thread.

The idea is that there’s no more confusion. It’s just straight advice in a .pdf Wikipedia style write up that’s constantly edited and the writers can get to the important ideas in the threads very fast for the masses to learn for their audio journey.

Apr 10, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 5
Regarding your comment on good posts.

My idea is a write up by the thread pros in a Wikipedia style .pdf that you can download for each and every thread.

The idea is that there’s no more confusion. It’s just straight advice in a .pdf Wikipedia style write up that’s constantly edited and the writers can get to the important ideas in the threads very fast for the masses to learn for their audio journey.
Oh I guess that's not very likely. Usually discussions go on for thousands of pages and nobody has the time to condense them in a useful way.

I definitely agree it would be valuable, for example I wanted to know the recommended tubes for an amp with 500 pages of a tube rolling thread but there was no summary and nobody had the time to do it.

Apr 10, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Oh I guess that's not very likely. Usually discussions go on for thousands of pages and nobody has the time to condense them in a useful way.

I definitely agree it would be valuable, for example I wanted to know the recommended tubes for an amp with 500 pages of a tube rolling thread but there was no summary and nobody had the time to do it.
I agree with the ideal that nobody had the time to do it. Which is why the .pdf/s is/are editable in a Wikipedia fashion for each thread.
I mean people can just drop in and be like yeah this is how you set up this system... but I get it it's complicated to see this working for all references of materials and condensing them in a more approachable fashion to not loose the valuable input of all the users condensed thoughts is my goal here.

Also one thing of note is that you could quickly look at the .pdf of theories of how to do something that the community is trying to do and see what almost work / worked for five minutes / still works only for putin i mean etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back