I have a budget of $500...
Mar 23, 2012 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

woostar88

New Head-Fier
I want to take my listening experience to next level. I have saved about $500 on the side for some quality amp and headphones...

I am a classic rock, modern dubsep, techno, hiphop, and action movies and etc...

I was looking at Fiio e7 + e9 desktop amp AND [size=small]Beyerdynamic DT990 (600oms) or AKG Q701.[/size]
[size=small]Or hifiman EF2 and AKG Q701[/size]
[size=small]Like I said, I have a budget of around $500 and I want a really good sounding for music and movies.[/size]​
[size=small]Any advice or suggesstion? I really appreciate it![/size]​

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 11
I am actually listening to the Beyer dt990*600 right now. It's good. I'm powering off an asus stx and it sound quite good. I go to this hp for acoustic material, jazz and a little classical. It likes a good amp/dac though. You could buy an audio gd nfb with this and have a nice setup.

For more bass impact look at the denon d2000 with a fiio e10 and save some money. I have this also. It's a good setup. Actually my go to set, good for about anything. 

Both are very comfy and well built. 

d2k plus fiio e10=$300

dt990 plus nfb=$500

If I had to pick just one I would go with the denon. You could also look at the nfb to go with the denon and wanted to maximize it. It just drives very easily.

Good luck!!

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
I want to take my listening experience to next level. I have saved about $500 on the side for some quality amp and headphones...

I am a classic rock, modern dubsep, techno, hiphop, and action movies and etc...

I was looking at Fiio e7 + e9 desktop amp AND [size=small]Beyerdynamic DT990 (600oms) or AKG Q701.[/size]
[size=small]Or hifiman EF2 and AKG Q701[/size]
[size=small]Like I said, I have a budget of around $500 and I want a really good sounding for music and movies.[/size]​
[size=small]Any advice or suggesstion? I really appreciate it![/size]​

Heya,

Denon D5000 with Fiio E10.

And never look back.

Very best,

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 11
i've been getting many two cents on denon series.. I have home theater system which is denon... they are pretty decent. So does these pair give good bass and treble? I really want a pair that has good bass. (I love movies and being able to hear everything!!!)

So denon + e10? are you sure that these amp is enough to power denon or any other devices?

thanks!

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
i've been getting many two cents on denon series.. I have home theater system which is denon... they are pretty decent. So does these pair give good bass and treble? I really want a pair that has good bass. (I love movies and being able to hear everything!!!)

So denon + e10? are you sure that these amp is enough to power denon or any other devices?

thanks!

Heya,

Yeap, has all the bass that you'll love in a movie, the depth of the sub-bass, the sparkle in the treble for the excitement factor and excellent mids. Super comfortable and very luxurious to wear and look at. The E10 will more than power it, it will handle most headphones up to 300ohms without a problem (exceptions: planar magnetics, but we're talking high-ends at this point). It's a superb DAC/AMP at it's price point by quite a margin.

Very best,

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #6 of 11
thank you very much for your honest and professional inputs. I am fairly new to audiophile scenes. Sure, I do want to take my listening experience to the next level, yet without breaking my wallet. So im looking at denon AHD2k and Fiio E10. or are there any other suggestions? remember... my budget is 500

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #7 of 11
There are deals on open box denon's at electronic expo...just look in the deals thread. Most people say that they haven't been used at all. 

You will not regret the denon, they are superb!!

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 11
also, what about fiio e7 and/or e11? compare to e10. 

Also, is Denon AH-D2000 worth it's price? vs Denon AH-D5000? It's about $200 difference... would I be able to tell a difference? 

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #9 of 11
I feel the AKG's are a bit tough to drive with even a great amp, and don't know if the Fio would be up to the job.  They are also, super super neutral.  It sounds like a good thing, but you don't realize how much appreciation we can give a colored sound until you have something that neutral.  Can be disappointing.  And I like these phones a lot.  

I really like the Senn HD 650's for movies.  They are one of my favorite open headphones and more comfortable for casual listening on a couch than the AKG.  And again, I really like the AKG as well.  

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 11
[size=10.0pt]I use K702 with the E11 set on LOW gain, and it drives it well[/size]

[size=10.0pt]It also has the ‘secret weapon’ of two levels of Bass boost, which some people may feel corrects the K702 weakness. Personally I prefer the sound ‘flat’[/size]

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #11 of 11
Buy the D2000 and get the Lawnton audio earpads and mods, I bought the D5000 (yet to receive) cost more money in your budget with the aforementioned upgrades, not sure their is a lot of advantage with the D5000, but will be more special to look at. Some say driver is same between D5000 and D2000 and same specs published (not frequency response at headphone.com) but the driver tho may have slight variation. Be happy with either I say..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back