I hate you car thief
May 6, 2010 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

techenvy

500+ Head-Fier
just wanted to say thanks to the S.O.B. who broke my window and stole my  head unit , im  an idiot for not taking head unit in, but you are far more stupid for overlooking my power amp,, hahahahahah    amateur hour!

May 6, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 14
Same thing happened to me last fall.  They didn't take anything from the car but they took two small shoulder bags that had about $1.7K worth of gear in them and really had no street value at all because of their specific use and they did $700 worth of damage to the car.
angry_face.gif

Insurance paid for it all less the deductible but it still wasn't a happy experience.

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 14

dude i feel you, that pisses me off that the moron took gear that was integrated, nothing pisses me off more than that.  like stealing a face plate only.  i was even annoyed the thief didtnt take the remote and manual.

you are lucky having insurance pay that, my deductable is 1k:frowning2:

and its been such an inconvenience cuz i got a different head unit and it sucks compared to my old cause i cant eq and navigate with the remote.

and now i bought my old one again, but need an extra part.

u suck car thiefs
Quote:
Same thing happened to me last fall.  They didn't take anything from the car but they took two small shoulder bags that had about $1.7K worth of gear in them and really had no street value at all because of their specific use and they did $700 worth of damage to the car.
angry_face.gif

Insurance paid for it all less the deductible but it still wasn't a happy experience.

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
just wanted to say thanks to the S.O.B. who broke my window and stole my  head unit , im  an idiot for not taking head unit in, but you are far more stupid for overlooking my power amp,, hahahahahah    amateur hour!

Jesus!  Do we live in the same area?  Some sorry excuse of a thief did the same thing to me recently.  Hundreds of dollars in damage for a Wal-Mart-Special CD player that they'll be lucky to get $20 for...and they completely ignored my sub and very expensive 5channel amplifier.  Like you, they also left my remote and the ipod that was visibly hooked up to the deck.

I'm selling my awesome amp and am not even going to replace the CD player until I sell the car in the near future.  Very tired of this sort of thing happening to me whether I park in bad or good areas, or whether or not I'm driving a nice or cheap car.  Fortunately for the thief I had my headphones on as I was still awake, between 2-5am, because I had a loaded .357 within arms reach.

I think I'm through with car audio.  I'm going to buy a $2000 pickup for when I need it and stick to what I know and love best: headphones and motorcycles.

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 14

I think I'm through with car audio.  I'm going to buy a $2000 pickup for when I need it and stick to what I know and love best: headphones and motorcycles.

Right on! I've had a cheap headunit stolen, too, and have given up on car audio. Stock stereos never get stolen and they're just fine for NPR or the occasional CD. And there's no need for a radio on a bike!
biggrin.gif

techenvy, sorry to hear about your break-in. Do you have homeowner's or renter's insurance? They usually cover this sort of thing.

Sep 16, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 14
no i sure dont, but i think thats a good idea.  i always take all my stuff in now that i can. except speakers, i also have my amps bolted down,  and ill never leave my faceplate on ever again, although now i have one  of those digital head units that dosent have a face plate, its just a stupid square that pops off, LoL its so stupid.  i miss my old head unit and eq:frowning2: and a remote that actually can navigate its interface:frowning2:

u suck car thiefs

headfi despises u

Sep 16, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #7 of 14
At least they didn't take your car too! Luckily the only thing I had in it was a cheap sony cd player and a Deftones CD (which I have digitally at least). Still, I really miss my car.
frown.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
At least they didn't take your car too! Luckily the only thing I had in it was a cheap sony cd player and a Deftones CD (which I have digitally at least). Still, I really miss my car.
frown.gif

oh man so sorry to hear that.  i had a car stole once but i got it back, with nothing in it.  i hope u get yours back.

u suck car thiefs

headfi despises u

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 14
The original head unit in my car was stolen while at a college parking lot..

Crazier than that though, no window smashed or anything!  They just, got in and got out..  The doors WERE locked, and my car doesn't have keyless remote entry..  So how the hell they got in is beyond me..

Oh well, my Mom gave me a better head unit for my birthday, which was TWO days away!

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
The original head unit in my car was stolen while at a college parking lot..

Crazier than that though, no window smashed or anything!  They just, got in and got out..  The doors WERE locked, and my car doesn't have keyless remote entry..  So how the hell they got in is beyond me..

Oh well, my Mom gave me a better head unit for my birthday, which was TWO days away!

Stealing a stock unit has to be a new low.  I really do hate thieves in all their guises.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #11 of 14
One time, someone shot a BB right through my car window. They didn't even take anything (not that there's anything of value to take in my car), they just shot a big hole in the window.

Luckily, I was able to find a replacement online and got it installed for under $100.

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 14
It's a good thing I live in Colorado, nothing like this ever seems to happen that often. However, I do live on sort of the outskirts of town in a nice neighborhood which probably helps. About car audio, I don't think it's a great investment, since you have to get an expensive component speaker system just to have decent sound. Subs are great if you get them for the lulz of pissing everybody off around you, I guess. Me, I have some Inifinitys in the door and some Sonys in the rear, all being powered by a Dual head unit. I hope a thief doesn't think my crappy setup is worth stealing. It would be nice if people realized how hard some people work to get the things they own and that it's really low to take stuff from them. Sorry for all the people in this thread who have had things stolen from them.

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
It's a good thing I live in Colorado, nothing like this ever seems to happen that often. However, I do live on sort of the outskirts of town in a nice neighborhood which probably helps. About car audio, I don't think it's a great investment, since you have to get an expensive component speaker system just to have decent sound. Subs are great if you get them for the lulz of pissing everybody off around you, I guess. Me, I have some Inifinitys in the door and some Sonys in the rear, all being powered by a Dual head unit. I hope a thief doesn't think my crappy setup is worth stealing. It would be nice if people realized how hard some people work to get the things they own and that it's really low to take stuff from them. Sorry for all the people in this thread who have had things stolen from them.

I used to feel as safe as you...and then....well, you get the idea.  The thing is criminals are stupid and aren't the most rational lot on the planet?  Would you risk getting shot or arrested for fifty bucks when you could take the exact same risk for five hundred?  I mean my head unit was probably cheaper than yours, but my door speakers, sub, and amp were more expensive.  I still have everything but the head unit so, you see, it really makes no sense from a rational perspective.

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #14 of 14
I remember one time when i went back to the US, i think it was 2008, we rented a car and we went to dennys to get breakfast and we left our GPS out under the windshield and when we got back out, we had 1 window smashed and the GPS stolen. They totally ignored my dads credit card, his wallet, my sisters iPod and all our valuables. A break in for a pretty malfunctioned GPS? ... like seriously?! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back