I Hate Video Games
May 26, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #31 of 188
actually pinball has amazing gameplay. get on the right machine (my feeling is simpler is better), and understand how the mini games within the machine work and score, and how to bridge the ball between flippers, trap the ball, etc., and you can go for a long time without getting bored. but then again, i am pretty old-school in my tastes.

May 26, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #32 of 188
Hmm, I haven't read every single post, but if you like freer gameplay, maybe you should check out Oblivion? It's out for the PC.

Oh, and I don't think you should get Guitar Hero. Not only can it be frustrating at harder levels, but it takes a while to get good. Sure, it can be addicting, but it also requires lots of reflexes, timing, and finger speed. It gets tiring on your fingers and wrists after a few hours of playing, too.

May 26, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #33 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I haven't read every single post, but if you like freer gameplay, maybe you should check out Oblivion? It's out for the PC.

Oh, and I don't think you should get Guitar Hero. Not only can it be frustrating at harder levels, but it takes a while to get good. Sure, it can be addicting, but it also requires lots of reflexes, timing, and finger speed. It gets tiring on your fingers and wrists after a few hours of playing, too.

probably color recognition too.

i'm sorry but oblivion looked like the same old gameplay. hack-pause-spell-cutscene. yawn.

May 26, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #34 of 188
Come on, people! You all sound like members of a religion dealing with a potential convert, all trying to convince him to go back to the official church!
tongue.gif

I hace a better advice if you don't like videogames anymore: forget them. Do other things. Enjoy!

May 26, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #35 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lectorcito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on, people! You all sound like members of a religion dealing with a potential convert, all trying to convince him to go back to the official church!
tongue.gif

I hace a better advice if you don't like videogames anymore: forget them. Do other things. Enjoy!

i do not want to stop liking video games. but i cannot fool myself anymore: i just do not enjoy them. and it seems the more advanced they get the less i want to play.

*sigh* i should just face it: i have outgrown video games.

May 26, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #36 of 188
You really should make yourself a favor and get Guitar Hero II.
I would also recommend Katamari Damacy and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as great free-roaming games, but the latter's mindless violence and general bad taste might be a turn off to some adult gamers. And the first gets a little fatiguing with it's trippy looks and sonics.

The only games I still play are Guitar Hero II and EVE Online.

May 26, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #37 of 188
or to be true to the OP... I think you may need to adjust your temper...

I mean getting frustrated by just playing video game for 5 minutes because you suck at it shows that you have a relatively bad temper.

It doesn't matter what game we suggest to you, because with bad temper or patience, you won't be able to stand anything.

May 27, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #38 of 188
Three words my friend.

Resident Evil 4

Its one of the few games that actually convinces you that your the character and your in the game along with God of War and metal gear solid series.

May 27, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #41 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Three words my friend.

Resident Evil 4

Its one of the few games that actually convinces you that your the character and your in the game

Really? Because last time I checked, if I was aiming with a gun, I could at least walk around, rather than just glue my foot to the ground and pivot.

I like RE4 a lot, but if I can't move while shooting and aiming in the next game, I'm going to pass on it.

-Ed

May 27, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #42 of 188
thanks for all the suggestions. i honestly think i have just moved on from video games. the reason i suck at them now is i think video games just do not engage me anymore. every game seems like the same thing over and over, with better graphics but the same old gameplay.

May 27, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #44 of 188
After reading through your posts again, I see that you are past the point of no return, and all the recommendations in the world aren't going to change that.

Just as a reference point, and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I just want to watch out for the time that I reach that age and make sure that doesn't happen to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #45 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for all the suggestions. i honestly think i have just moved on from video games. the reason i suck at them now is i think video games just do not engage me anymore. every game seems like the same thing over and over, with better graphics but the same old gameplay.

Redshifter, I feel where you are coming from. I had exactly the same issue a year ago. As a 40 year old, I have been playing video games for most of my life and for most of their evolution - yes starting with pong and space invaders. Last year I realised that I just don't care about the characters, the plots or the challenges of these games anymore.

Sport games have tried to become a replacements for the real thing and I just don't care about the high score in Tony Hawk (version 12 or whatever); shooting games are all the same and after killing the opposition for the sqillionth time, I just don't care; I loved the Grand Theft Auto series, but the last series just started to get stupid and I found that I would just turn the PS2 off rather than try that stupid mission again. Guitar Hero requires an investment in time that I just don't have nor care to make - so I suck at it.

The only game I have any interest in is Gran Turismo 4. I have a projector with a 2.5 metre screen and a decent steering wheel. I get a few buddies over here and we play drink driving games. Pretty good fun.

It was a part of my life that I enjoyed very much, but now I fear its mostly over for me too. Video games along with nightclubs, skateparks, all night drinking sessions at the club or pub, knowing what the top bands are and which members came from what bands to make up the latest hot group (if that still happens), driving for 3 - 7 hours to go to a concert and then drive home again.

Oh well, I think I've just grown up.

And I'm sorry to say Redshifter, maybe that's the case for you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back