I hate to wait...
May 10, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #91 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK so I'm done now - I swear! So what if I just jumped on an XP-7 in the FS forum? So what?

I'm actually pretty excited about the XP-7. That may become my new home amp until I can spring for an Apache.

Unless the SR71 has a "blow me away" sound, I'll probably sell it off since it's battery only. I think the Hornet will be a keeper too, though after mowing last weekend, I'm suddenly interested in really small gear. I'm thinking for mowing and walking an ipod nano and a tomahawk would be hard to beat.

I hope to get at least one of these fine amps tomorow. In the meantime...

Gad.exe is in fetal position wimpering, crying, suckin' thumb!

GAD

Whoa! Dude, slow down!!! You have to realize that even though they are different amps, they share a similiar BASE signature! You would have been more productive buying a raptor OR HR-2 for home and a tomahawk for portable use, and be done with it.... having everything in the line from TH to XP-7 is counterproductive, but far from it for me to advise you how to blow your dough.... Hehehehe!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 10, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #92 of 130
My wife called me at work today to let me know mine had arrived. I then had to deal with numerous delays, eating dinner with the fam, putting the kids to bed, getting some more work done, and then watching Lost, before I could surrender to the Hornet's lovely buzz. But the wait was worth it. I honestly didn't think it would sound dramatically different from my Total Airhead, since I don't have high impedance phones, and I don't have a great IC yet. But I definitely hear quite a difference, noticing subtleties I've never noticed before. I'll post some detailed impressions in a few days.

May 10, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #93 of 130
Ahhh, everyone's getting theirs...I hope mine gets here tomorrow =p

May 10, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #94 of 130
Quote:

This really needs to go in your sig.
wink.gif

I'm hoping that mine arrives today. I laughed when I read mcmyers' post. The same scenario could play out at my house tonight.

I can't miss ER... new sheriff in town... bzzzz... no get away... bzzz...

May 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #96 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This really needs to go in your sig.
wink.gif

LOL! Done!
580smile.gif

I just got the call. [size=medium]MY HORNET HAS ARRIVED![/size]

[Star Wars]

Almost there...

[/Star Wars]

GAD

May 10, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #97 of 130
Quote:

LOL! Done!
580smile.gif

[Star Wars]

Almost there...

[/Star Wars]

GAD

About freaking time!
Now you get to break it in!
wink.gif

-m

May 10, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #98 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While waiting for my Xin SuperMicro-IV, I purchased GO-Vibe V6 AND while waiting for for G0-Vibe V6 to arrive, I purchased RSA Tomahawk
plainface.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Lol!!! It's a spiraling downhill that never stops!
biggrin.gif
This is the perfect example of why I have to keep myself in check before 'Audiophile-ism' gets a hold of me, like crack gets a hold of a crack head
wink.gif

BTW: I've seen your work EFN (headphones, amp reviews, ect) very nice!! Keep it up.

May 10, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #99 of 130
Quote:

Mine too! My wife called me at work to tell me. Now I need an excuse to leave.

k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

I project a late night of listening tonight!

May 11, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #100 of 130
Holy CRAP these things are nice! Ray you've outdone yourself and made me a flat-out fanboy.

My first reaction when I got the Hornet out of the box is "Holy CRAP this thing is small!". I let someone borrow my XM4, but my estimation is that the Hornet is easily smaller than the XM4. I can't wait to see the Tomahawk!

The sound is incredible out of the box. I can't imagine it getting even better.

I also got the SR71 today, and the word that comes to mind is "silky". The SR71 is used, so it's pretty well burned in I'd guess. Coupled with my HD-650s, it's got Norah Jones sounding sexier then ever.

Tomorow I'll take some pics of the whole group. If other people are wondering how small the hornet really is, I'll try to help with some pics. None of the pictures, even the one with the quarter next it, convey the smallness of this amp.

Wow!

GAD

May 11, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #102 of 130
GAHHHHH I didn't get mine yet!!! haha i'm going crazy over here now :[[

May 11, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #103 of 130
Quote:

Holy CRAP these things are nice! Ray you've outdone yourself and made me a flat-out fanboy.

My first reaction when I got the Hornet out of the box is "Holy CRAP this thing is small!". I let someone borrow my XM4, but my estimation is that the Hornet is easily smaller than the XM4. I can't wait to see the Tomahawk!

The sound is incredible out of the box. I can't imagine it getting even better.

I also got the SR71 today, and the word that comes to mind is "silky". The SR71 is used, so it's pretty well burned in I'd guess. Coupled with my HD-650s, it's got Norah Jones sounding sexier then ever.

Tomorow I'll take some pics of the whole group. If other people are wondering how small the hornet really is, I'll try to help with some pics. None of the pictures, even the one with the quarter next it, convey the smallness of this amp.

Wow!

GAD

I couldn't agree more, especially about the smallness. Seems like every time someone receives one of these, they're blown away by the size. I'd looked at numerous pictures of the Hornet next to numerous Ipods, and yet I'm still blown away. I love it. I feel like James Bond with a secret tiny ultra special machine in my pocket.

May 11, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #104 of 130
i REALLY want to drop some cash on a hornet, ive read some good things. i cant even use my LDM+ until my replacement zune cable gets here. im waiting too, but not for the same thing. D:

May 11, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #105 of 130
Quote:

OK so I'm done now - I swear! So what if I just jumped on an XP-7 in the FS forum? So what?

I'm actually pretty excited about the XP-7. That may become my new home amp until I can spring for an Apache.

Unless the SR71 has a "blow me away" sound, I'll probably sell it off since it's battery only. I think the Hornet will be a keeper too, though after mowing last weekend, I'm suddenly interested in really small gear. I'm thinking for mowing and walking an ipod nano and a tomahawk would be hard to beat.

I hope to get at least one of these fine amps tomorow. In the meantime...

GAD

So you have the Ray Samuels Trifecta......So Jealous!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back