I hate Skylab...
Mar 15, 2007 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Advil

1000+ Head-Fier
...Because now... I'm getting DARTH BEYERS!

Since i'm a poor 18 year old student, I'll be getting the 200 dollar package, maybe Paduak or Zebra.. but leaning more towards Paduak. I'll probably shell out 50 more bucks to get the woody termination/splitter. Or i might use that cash towards the cable instead.

Will someone show me some pics of Paduak wood? I like bloodwood better since it's flatter, but I don't know if it's worth 50 more bucks.

But to conclude this thread, skylab sucks!

...but thanks for the motivation
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 47
ya absolutely saw what the prii fuss was about, now my ears don't obey me and make me keep the headphones on...

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 47
Nope, Anakin was never back to thank Obi Wan, he just killed him instead, and he did the same to the emperor. Skylab, start running.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #6 of 47
spend the $$ on the cable bro. the blacksilver is good for Grados but Blackmax or BlackCopper will suit the Darth's better.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 47
If I weren't afraid to being castigated by the O.P., I'd suggest BlackMax Cabling, and alt. to Paduak - toned BirdsEye is the same price......... certainly wouldn't consider posting a pic of my ye olde screened Paduaks. Don't want any further disrespect to my name
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 47
so advil, what are you planning on using to power your upcoming darth beyers? the little dot II++?

i'm not trying to instigate anything of course
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #10 of 47
LOL
biggrin.gif

If I ever break down and get JVC HP-DX1000, I'll hate skylab too
evil_smiley.gif
his positive comments made me interested in the first place, but the pricetag sure scares me away so far.

Enjoy your Darths!

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 47
There are some pics of Paduak MS-1s I used to have in this old FS thread (56k Warning)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ht=ms-1+paduak

I thought the Paduak was beautiful and if it can save you a couple bucks why not?
smily_headphones1.gif

Have fun picking out the Darths! I recently sold my coco V3s to fund other purchases but plan to get another pair at some point down the road.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #13 of 47
This should probably go into an Iron_Dreamer appreciation thread
icon10.gif
but Iron_Dreamer's comments have always hit me with a little more precision than most around here.

So take his advise if you choose this path.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the paduak Larry uses looks fantastic, it's probably my second favorite of his "regular" woods, behind only bubinga. I'd also recommend spending on the cable before the splitter or plug upgrades.

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
spend the $$ on the cable bro. the blacksilver is good for Grados but Blackmax or BlackCopper will suit the Darth's better.

x2. Never mind wood spliter and wood plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back