I hate seeing these..but I really need some help.
May 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #17 of 26
I'd definitely check out Head-Direct RE0.
Many of the similar sound signature and quality to ER4s, and yet have much smoother sound.
And comfort-wise, I think you'll be much better off with RE0, especially if you don't want too much isolation.

May 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by markh78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd definitely check out Head-Direct RE0.
Many of the similar sound signature and quality to ER4s, and yet have much smoother sound.
And comfort-wise, I think you'll be much better off with RE0, especially if you don't want too much isolation.

Like I said! RE0 is the best!! dig it! lol.

May 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #19 of 26
If you don't want the isolation , yuin pk series earbuds are really perfect. But iem-wise, I would really recommend er4p's.

May 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #20 of 26
Out of what I have, the PFE's (grey filter+silicone) and Yuin PK2 (though they're not IEM's) fit the K701/2 mold the most IMO. They'll meet most of your criteria except for the soundstage part, which to be quite honest no IEM will satisfy you in that regard compared to K701/2.

May 22, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #22 of 26
Thanks for all of your help, all..every word of it is much appreciated. I think I really have alot of good options that I can build my reading off of now.

You guys are the best.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #25 of 26
pfe with grey filters and silicon tips or sony hybrid tips. They have a similar sound to my AKG k272hd. good luck on your search

May 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #26 of 26
I have SE-530s and know what you mean about missing highs. The transient response in the upper mids and highs is poor as well. Smooth though.

I am looking for something to replace my SE-530s as welland from what I have read, feel drawn to the ER4S with a warmish amp. I have an iBasso T-4 which may mate well with them. So I will try to get a listen to a pair at CanJam.

BTW- I have owned the Denon C751 and do not feel they are a good replacement for the SE-530s. Terrible treble peak put me off them fairly quickly. And they seem congested at higher volumes. Weight is also an issue.

The PFEs do well with black filters for me and I still own them. They do not have deep bass however and mids are a bit further back than the Shures. Also they do not have very extended highs either. But they have a good coherent sound. They may remain as my bike and hike pair of iems. Actually the Apple iems are filling that space right now but have issues as well but for the $40 I paid for them are good secondary iems.

Good luck and let us know what you turn to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back