biggrin.gif
rs1smile.gif
evil_smiley.gif
gs1000.gif
cool.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
Oh gosh! I didn't realise you could do that. How's the sound?

I tried the sock mod on my grados for a short period of time (not over the bowl pads, just over the SR60 driver enclosure with big rubber bands to secure the thing). Personally, I didn't like the sound - moving the drivers away from the ear made the SR60 sound "hollow", and took away from the liveliness of the phone. I quarter-modded my comfies and the sound is quite live and fairly aggressive - my rocking cans of choice.

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #19 of 25
getting comfys chewed up isn't too bad. my sister's dog chewed up my then new flats. when it comes over, i make sure that i don't have anything on the floor that might seem appetizing to it.

Jul 6, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I've only tried Grados with bowl pads, but from my experience I'd highly advise against it if you're looking for comfort. Todd's flat pads should be a lot more comfortable.

Oh lord. How long did you try them for? Grado bowls can be painful at first, but they break in and can be comfortable after a while. You've just got to be patient with them. Additionally, you can wash / crush them under books to flatten and soften them. Mild soap only if you do that...

Flats can be scratchy too.

Jul 6, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin
radioshack has flat pads too. i had a pair when i had my sr-60.

That would be "comfies", not flat pads. Flat pads are a totally different beast - and much more expensive.

These are flat pads: http://166.90.205.111/forums/showthread.php?t=183373

Users who are viewing this thread

Back