i hate my dog...
Jul 6, 2006 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

blinx

500+ Head-Fier
so, i just got my new grado SR-60's from todd and i WAS in love with them. i spent 2 days burning them in and they sounded wayyy better then my old sony in ear. i'd think to thank you guys for helping me find the best headphone.

BUT! heres where the fun part starts. my sisters boyfriend (who's 18) wanted to try them out, he said he loved them, but then he left them on the damn couch, and what do you know, leaves them un-attended while i go outside for a while. i come back to my house to find my grado's ripped to shreds. he got the pads.

so here comes my question; i had the flat pads that didnt have a hole in the middle. todd doesnt have the same kind, so im wondering, what do i do? buy a new pair of freakin headphones
rolleyes.gif
or get the bowl pads or what.

i found these headphones to be very very comfy, i just dont know what to do.

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx
i found these headphones to be very very comfy, i just dont know what to do.

People call those pads the "comfies" and actually Todd does carry them:

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=168

I'd charge your sis' boyfriend for the repair...he is a moron.

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx
you think its worth gettting the bowl pads?

I've only tried Grados with bowl pads, but from my experience I'd highly advise against it if you're looking for comfort. Todd's flat pads should be a lot more comfortable.

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 25
lesson #1) NEVER loan your headphones to a non-headfi-er. I can't blame the dog really.

Just buy replacements from todd.

Look at it this way.... TIME to UPGRADE!!!
biggrin.gif

I prefer bowls with all my wood grados and warm tube amps. Never tried them on an SR60 though.

Jul 6, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 25
thanks for the advise guys, im just so bummed i cant listen to music... all i have are some ****** PSP earbuds, i cant stand them anymore. i have a feeling im gonna be spending all my income on headphones the rest of my life :p

Jul 6, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
rig your house up with random socks everywhere, to lure the dog away from the phones. =)

Or maybe roll those socks up and use them as earpads?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Or maybe roll those socks up and use them as earpads?
smily_headphones1.gif

Ya seriously. Do it in the meantime:

Jul 6, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #12 of 25
radioshack has flat pads too. i had a pair when i had my sr-60. i'm not sure if u can get just the pads, or if u have to buy their cheap $10 set with the pads.

i've heard bad things about the sr-60 and bowls.

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #15 of 25
Incredibly; nobody has yet supplied the answer to "both" problems!

First off, the disaster may never have happened if the pads would have been bright yellow! Right!! Maybe the phones wouldn't have been left on the couch for so long if they had been more visible!

.....or maybe not.

Ok; so this isn't about MS-1s, but if it were, the first replacement pads mentioned would certainly have been the Senns HD414s!

.....and if the dog should happen to get these; he should also be easier to track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back