I HATE FRY'S!
Mar 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raguvian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I can't get the $30 MIR since it's the 20th. I explained to her how I bought it on the 17th, but she finally comes around to telling me that Fry's doesn't actually charge your credit card online for in store pickups. They only charge your CC once you go into the store to pick it up. How does that make any sense? Online I had to fill out the entire credit card information form that you'd find from any online retailer, so I figured they would charge me then and then give me a receipt dated for the 17th when I went to pick it up.

Emotionalism aside, did Fry's give you an online or email receipt/charge confirmation that you'd bought the headphones? Was it dated? If so, that's your receipt. If not ... I presume you might've been a little concerned that you didn't get an "charge confirmation."

For some of the retailers I use, the email charge confirmation is the only and best receipt that I get.

And BTW,... Fry's has NEVER been known for customer service. I thought the trade off to shopping Fry's for a deal was having to go into the store to make the purchase.

Ditto on Costco return policy. I only wish they had a better selection of electronics at Costco.com.

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fry's online-order-in-store-pickup is more like an online reservation system. when the store receives an in-store pickup order, they pull that item from the shelves to guarantee you get to buy it when you go to the store...

i am sorry about what happened to you, but personally, over the years i've been more than happy to buy stuff from frys. they almost have the best return policy (the best is costco), they have good sales items from time to time, and they have more stuff for me to choose from, compared to bestbuy or any other electronic stores.

Fry's is only good if you know exactly what you need. Never ask anyone in there to help you because you'll more often than not get wrong information. I remember they used to have smarter people who knew their stuff, but I guess not anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChromeJob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Emotionalism aside, did Fry's give you an online or email receipt/charge confirmation that you'd bought the headphones? Was it dated? If so, that's your receipt. If not ... I presume you might've been a little concerned that you didn't get an "charge confirmation."

For some of the retailers I use, the email charge confirmation is the only and best receipt that I get.

And BTW,... Fry's has NEVER been known for customer service. I thought the trade off to shopping Fry's for a deal was having to go into the store to make the purchase.

Ditto on Costco return policy. I only wish they had a better selection of electronics at Costco.com.

I got a confirmation email from Fry's and I printed it out and showed it to the cashier, with the date on it and she still wouldn't give me the rebate.

And Costco is awesome. I've returned a cracked tennis racket and they took it back.

I guess I will just buy the RE0 now.

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Fry's is only good if you know exactly what you need. Never ask anyone in there to help you because you'll more often than not get wrong information. I remember they used to have smarter people who knew their stuff, but I guess not anymore.

I got a confirmation email from Fry's and I printed it out and showed it to the cashier, with the date on it and she still wouldn't give me the rebate.

And Costco is awesome. I've returned a cracked tennis racket and they took it back.

I guess I will just buy the RE0 now.

Here is the rebate form if they will take it with the email confirmation since the rebate is from Logitech.

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_p...372_031210.pdf

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

... I got a confirmation email from Fry's and I printed it out and showed it to the cashier, with the date on it and she still wouldn't give me the rebate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocalGunner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the rebate form if they will take it with the email confirmation since the rebate is from Logitech.

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_p...372_031210.pdf

I don't see how "the lady at Fry's" has diddly-squat to say about it. If you have a receipt/purchase confirmation showing purchase before 3/18 (according to the MIR form), you mail in a copy of the email receipt showing purchase date with all the other required paperwork. Done. (I realize

MIR response rates are really, really low. Any company that balks about granting one deserves to be outted in public. It's only $30 (for the SuperFis).

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

I realize MIR response rates are really, really low. Any company that balks about granting one deserves to be outted in public. It's only $30 (for the SuperFis).

That also includes AT&T Wireless with their shady advertising tactics to mislead customers about their overall coverage, as opposed to their lackluster, almost non-existant 3G coverage, as most rural areas (I live in one) and some states don't have it at all compared to the good folks at Verizon (up to 5x more 3G coverage area than AT&T)

I wouldn't trust AT&T with their MIR's either, they come in the form of a debit card which (I believe this is right) cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be accepted in most stores.

You ever notice how the voiceover guy from AT&T talks real fast when he mentions the (also shady) phone deals you get with their MIR's? I do.

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

I don't see how "the lady at Fry's" has diddly-squat to say about it. If you have a receipt/purchase confirmation showing purchase before 3/18 (according to the MIR form), you mail in a copy of the email receipt showing purchase date with all the other required paperwork. Done. (I realize

MIR response rates are really, really low. Any company that balks about granting one deserves to be outted in public. It's only $30 (for the SuperFis).

Should I call Logitech and ask them if the email confirmation will do, then go buy the Super.Fi 5 at Fry's for $110 with tax and then send in the rebate?

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I wouldn't trust AT&T with their MIR's either, they come in the form of a debit card which (I believe this is right) cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be accepted in most stores....

Watch that paranoia. Gf bought a phone last year, and they offered the Visa gift card (works just like a charge card), or a credit to her account (to buy more accessories, IIRC). The card worked fine. Yes it's annoying that firms want to give you a charge card and not a check that you can cash, but it's better than Macy*s, which gave a Marketplace caller a "refund" on "advance interest" they charged her ... as a credit on her store charge card (usable only at Macy*s). :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back