I HATE chewing gum!
Aug 4, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Consumption is fine. They just ban any transaction related to gum. You can get prescription gum over the counter at the pharmacy though. It's no secret why Singapore's one of the cleanest country in the world, literally and figuratively.

And it is thus, no wonder that the first thing many children do while overseas is to buy gum. :p I'm an exception though...

Aug 4, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
A lot of public property was destroyed by the gum like bus and train seats etc.. so the government just banned it. It's quite easy to do that in a country smaller than hawaii with only 4 million people.

Smoking is now banned in all indoor spaces and eating outlets...there are designated smoking points.

When you look at how dense Singapore is, that makes a lot of sense. Man, I'de love to go there, but the density kind of kills it for me, I like quieter places.

Aug 4, 2006 at 12:49 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
When you look at how dense Singapore is, that makes a lot of sense. Man, I'de love to go there, but the density kind of kills it for me, I like quieter places.

Just like NYC is the gateway to US, Singapore is the gateway to South-East Asia, a stop-over. From Singapore, it's extremely convenient to travel ( via budget airline ) to Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand etc.

Aug 9, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

When you look at how dense Singapore is,
that makes a lot of sense.

Wow... Doesn't that rhyme... :p

Quote:

Man, I'de love to go there, but the density kind of kills it for me, I like quieter places.

Personal preference, I believe. In Singapore, eating and shopping are national past-times, and everyone is always in a rush... More of a "doing" than "resting" place.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #36 of 36
I used to occasionally chew gum as a kid. But as an adult, I think it’s pointless. I don’t get it.

That said if you like gum, go for it and enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back