I had a dream about an L3000
Mar 1, 2007 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Superpredator

Headphoneus Supremus
I had a dream last night in which I found an L3000 on the side of the road, actually a road that runs through a golf course near my home town. I spotted them while driving down the road with someone else in the car. The leather was wet from dew and not in the best shape, but still you can imagine my excitement. As a kid one of the most magical experiences I remember was finding money on the ground. This had the same sensation. Alas, the rest of the dream involved delay after delay so that I was never able to go listen to the L3000. Then my alarm went off.

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 15
Strangely enough, I just woke up from a nap before going to my job and in it, there were HP-1's. I think it was my 10th grade english teacher that owned them. It sorta pissed me off because I would have been able to make much better use of them than he would have, since he treated them just like any throwaround headphone, which made me mad. They even had Headphile C-Pads on them, which was weird. Then I woke up, and realized that once again, one of the super-headphones was out of my reach...

Aditya

Mar 1, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 15
man I wish I could hear some L3000's someday.

Mar 1, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man I wish I could hear some L3000's someday.

you can. it's called a meet....

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 15
I had a nightmare that yesterday I sold my L3000s . .
Oh no,
eek.gif
, I did!
mad.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 15
I'll share a couple.
I saw some 10 year old with an R10 and some dynamite. Fearing the worst, I offered $5 or the R10. Best $5 I've ever spent! Then right as I am about to plug it in to my Blue Hawaii that magically appeared out of nowhere, I wake up. I was this close to punching a hole in the wall!
The other one is much scarier and more recent. Fitz (well, he called himself Fitz) was somehow in my house and tied me to the ground and molested me with his Sextett (Ha! Punny!) after letting me listen to it. I somehow remember how it sounded, it beat the heck out of my current fons.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #10 of 15
I dreamed about girls...as much as I like headphones, women are better to dream about.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dreamed about girls...as much as I like headphones, women are better to dream about.

Same here. And i hope it stays like that! It's enough that I'm spending allot of my free time listening/reading about headphones, i don't want them in my dreams too.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #12 of 15
That's a good one, but sometimes reality is as strange as a dream. The 14-year old kids that broke into my apartment 3 years ago found my 2 pairs of L3000, left them on the ground (padded carpet so no damage), and apparently tried to use the suede bags to haul off my CHEAP whiskey. They must have been very excited about the crappy anime DVDs, crusty ipod, and box of condoms that they DID take, because they even forgot the whiskey/bags when they left (I would rather not lose the bags; they would have done me a favor with the whiskey). So these headphones narrowly avoided being left in a ditch, the side of the road, or in the hands of a befuddled pawn shop owner.

To be fair, they did make off with my beautiful W2002/HA2002 combo, though that was nowhere near as traumatizing as losing even one L3000 would have been. There's precious little audio gear I've registered anything remotely near permanent affection for and plan to hold onto for life - the L3000 are about it.

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

No matter how hard I try, I can't.
frown.gif
Don't take it that way, sickos.

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

same for me.

sometimes i have dreams which are so touching so beautiful..that i regret i woke up.

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a nightmare that yesterday I sold my L3000s . .
Oh no,
eek.gif
, I did!
mad.gif

[
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back