I got some Used ETY hf5's...
Mar 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Cheezerme

New Head-Fier
Well, i got some used from amazon, and there was only 1 pair of tri flanges, and I am under the impression they might be the small ones, and they are not getting a seal. This may be an early call, but the entire time i've been trying to wear them i have been unable to get a seal. I can take pictures nexts to coins if need be. Anyway, I'm hoping they are not as i am unable to find a place were they are avalialbe. (I was going to buy the like new, but they got bought a little before i ordered... T_T.)

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 13
Okay Really sorry for the bump, I have figured out that since they are the clear ones, They are the small size, and it appears my ears are not exactly small...So at this point I find a way to get replacements, or get another tip that is good, Any suggestions in either area? I've heard good things about klipsch gels.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 13
Yes I have, I cannot get them to get in right, and the end always slips off and goes into my ear a little. I'm probably overly set on getting some replacement large tiple flanges unless there is a better alternative, I'm just making sure there isn't one, thank you for the reply though :).

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 13
Did you try pulling back or upwards on the back of your ear while inserting them?   It's common for people who have never used triple flanges before to insert them like normal buds, but they actually go a lot deeper.  I wore mine wrong for almost a whole week after I first got them.
Try watching ety's instructional video, it's actually really helpful.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 13
Yea, i was able to get them in that deep, but that made it a lot easier, they still just kinda feel small in my ears, and I don't think i am getting the proper seal. This is in comparision to gliders which i can get in there, and can get a seal with. So, is the best course of action if this appears to be the case to order some of the larger size from etymotic? I also don't have much of a problem with the tri flanges in my ears which is nice.

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 13
Well, if the triple flanges are too small there really isn't much you can do other than order more tips.  I've heard of people receiving free tips from ety just by sending them an email and asking for them, but otherwise you'll just need to order a pack online.
My favorite tips with the HF5 were comply foam tips.  The triple flanges were great for me as well, but they weren't nearly as comfortable.  I never got to try any single flanged tips before I sold my pair of HF5's.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #8 of 13
Cheezerme you'd also want to try the shure foams; olives. Great isolation and they tend to run large. You'll be dealing with a cleaning regiment of washing in hydrogen peroxide and warm water once every few days. Other than that (for me) perfect fit.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Cheezerme you'd also want to try the shure foams; olives. Great isolation and they tend to run large. You'll be dealing with a cleaning regiment of washing in hydrogen peroxide and warm water once every few days. Other than that (for me) perfect fit.

Absolutely agree. Last much much much longer than Comply too.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #10 of 13
FWIW, when shipped, Ety provides two sizes of the triple flanges for different size ear canals. My wife uses the smaller flanges on her HF3s with good success while I use the larger size on my ER4-Ps. (I've also experimented with the Comply foam tips, but none of the three sizes provided the seal, for me, that the triple flanges provide.) Both sizes of the triple flanges are available directly from Ety on-line.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 13
I suggest the large Ety rubber 3-flange tips -- they fit larger ear canals and will give you the deep insertion, good seal and superier isolation Ety's are famous for.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #12 of 13
Okay, so I emailed them, and i am using the gliders as of right now as they are the only ones i can achieve a seal with, if i cannot get a single set of large tri flanges, I guess i am going to have to drop 15$ on a replacement set T_T.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #13 of 13
Put in another vote for the olives, best foam tip out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back