I got some new Ety ER4P's
Dec 5, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #31 of 47
I do consider myself lucky and I do apprciate everything I get. I work hard in school and earn most my gifts. And 32" is too expensive I have to get a 27". I found one for $500 on newegg. Can't wait.

Dec 5, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #32 of 47
er4p are nice, although i find the bass very lean. hard to beat the detail though.

the wireless connection doesn't matter. mp3's can sound ok if the bitrate is high enough, otherwise the ety's will absolutely pick up the distortion in the mp3. what is the bitrate encode of the mp3's? i find anything over 256kbps to be ok, although lossless always seems to have more 'space' in the sound.

Dec 5, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #35 of 47
in limewire, you should be able to see what the bitrate for each file is as you browse. however, i think you'll find at some point you'll just want to dump limewire and find a better source of music for that reason... the bitrate is typically too low because they're ripped by people who don't know what they're doing, and as your interest in head-fi evolves the distortion will really begin to bug you.

Dec 5, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #37 of 47
you can probably ask around in the music forum for suggestions on online services. again, bitrate even with the zune subscription may be an issue. the music they're selling is probably still very compressed. ultimately though, if it sounds fine to you, who cares?

my favorite way to get new music is to still buy the physical CD. hard to beat.

Dec 5, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do consider myself lucky and I do apprciate everything I get. I work hard in school and earn most my gifts. And 32" is too expensive I have to get a 27". I found one for $500 on newegg. Can't wait.

On Black Friday I waited in line for 4 hours and got a 37" LCD HDTV for $499.

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #42 of 47
Boxing day....!!!

Those are some nice Christmas presents.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #43 of 47
Yea I'll take it. The TV I want just was sold out now I can't find one I want. I will wait to see the deals after Christmas.
etysmile.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #45 of 47
For the er-4p a Xin SuperMini-IV is great. There are internal jumpers that fx. can turn your er-4p into an er-4s and there is a bass boost you can use. I think the bass boost is simply great. Gives the ety's some more body. Alot of people describes the ety's as being a little lean in the bass department -not bad -definatly not! Just not as full sounding as many others IEM's/phones. The bass boost makes up for this and transforms the ETY's to being more full sounding still maintaining a very good detail and clarity.. I am not an EQ guy and usually like the clean sound of whichever audio part -but the bass boost just seems so very well implementet and suits the phones very well IMHO. The SuperMini is 200$ -be prepared for some waiting time if you order at Xin. Maybe you can get it used..

Merry Xmas
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back