I got shoved into and dropped my ipod..
Jul 17, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #16 of 25
I got my 4th gen replaced twice for dead hard disks.. In both cases the hard disk didn't die immediately after being dropped (which I did a lot), so I didn't say that was the cause of the failure. In any case there were dents and scratches all over the thing so I'm pretty sure they just turned a blind eye.

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #17 of 25
I just ate a 32gb touch myself, dropped it from 5 feet onto tile - shattered it. Still works - i just left it installed in the car with 31.9 gb of music and a remote.

Was a 2g, only 4 months old or so =/ Bought another one. dangit.

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #18 of 25
cant you get replacement screens for these things and do it yourself?

i know a couple years a go when my dad broke the screen on my P800 (best phone so ever in the universe ever) i just got another screen opened it up and swapped them over, was so chuffed with myself

Jul 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jailbroken?

so u mean iphone then? well like any phone if u got it insured ull get a new one if not ull get nothing unless you want to pay for the screen to be fixed

I'm a bit confused, but if we're talking about the iphone, there is no insurance offered or available.

Jul 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a bit confused, but if we're talking about the iphone, there is no insurance offered or available.

The OP have an iPod touch, jailbroken one that is.
As for insuring the iPhone, there sure are insurance offered. At least here in Norway, where both I and the OP live...

These two operators who sell iPhone both offer insurance for $5-6 a month (covering $1500):
Mobilforsikring / Sikkerhet / Tjenester - Telenor
NetCom Forsikring - Ekstra trygghet og service. - NetCom AS

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OP have an iPod touch, jailbroken one that is.
As for insuring the iPhone, there sure are insurance offered. At least here in Norway, where both I and the OP live...

These two operators who sell iPhone both offer insurance for $5-6 a month (covering $1500):
Mobilforsikring / Sikkerhet / Tjenester - Telenor
NetCom Forsikring - Ekstra trygghet og service. - NetCom AS

kind of cool that i live in the same country as headfis most profilic poster.
L3000.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #22 of 25
Even if it were jailbroken, it can be easily reset to factory settings via itunes and nobody will have ever known you jailbroke it
ph34r.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badsam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if it were jailbroken, it can be easily reset to factory settings via itunes and nobody will have ever known you jailbroke it
ph34r.gif

Yeah my G1 is jailbroken. Or really it has broken the jail lol. superWINSCP installous everything. lets hope apple never finds this lol

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #24 of 25
Unfortunate. Same thing happened to me recently with a pair of sunglasses when someone bumped into me in a shopping centre. Not an expensive pair but managed to get them put "right" at an opticians.. have you considered a case to keep your iPod safer in future?

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 4th gen replaced twice for dead hard disks.. In both cases the hard disk didn't die immediately after being dropped (which I did a lot), so I didn't say that was the cause of the failure. In any case there were dents and scratches all over the thing so I'm pretty sure they just turned a blind eye.

My experience has been the same. I've had to send back two (or was it three) iPods because of dead hard drives. All of them had scratches and one even had a dent or two on the back. They were all replaced without question. I'm reluctant to say that they'll do the same if it had a cracked screen.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back