I got my U10 today!!!
Nov 7, 2005 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

doomlordis

Banned
Some pictures and a movie of it in action here on my page along with some pics!

http://www.appz13.dsl.pipex.com/U10.html

Quick review (only had it a day!)

Sound Quality

Very good - better than my Nano but not quite as good as my Monolith or HD5. It has bass and the trebles are clean just a bit lacking in the mids.

Ease of Use

A+++ Easier to use than an ipod.

Video

Fantastic , surprised me!

Photos

Very nice screen, amazing detail.

I have the docking station and it is really cool, line out is great and the remote works right across my living room (44ftish).

I will update when i have played a bit more, any questions post away!

If you want to know about the menu system try irivers u10 site http://u10.iriver.com/ and choose experiance then simulation.

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 18
Looks pretty cool, and nice pics!
cool.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #8 of 18
Ok it is the call on me video! (only put on to test the quality - honest)
i am using Philips SHE9500 canal phones and PX100s, the sound quality is solid , it sounds a lot like my old h320.
I have four five minute music videos and a episode of south park on it at good quality and 203 songs - mainly 192 and 128kbps.
Dodgeball at good quality on this takes up 150mb.
Navigation is easy, menus are a lot like the ipods - i will post a new video that shows it in use.
I paid £181 for cradle (comes with remote) and 1gb player - 2gb is out in January.
Its not cheap but it rocks, the cradle is only good for office desk as the speakers are small but paired wwith line out to my amp the remote is very useful - i wish there was a line out "mode" that increased the text size so you could read it from across the room , i can just read it from my sofa!
Edit - have added all done with one hand on camera andone hand using player!

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by misa
Where did you buy it?

From a friend, best price i have seen is MX2.co.uk but i dont know if they are in stock there yet. Argos has them available now at £199 for dock and 1gb.

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 18
Very nice man, If iriver made a nice slim hdd version this thing would be a hit. At least by next year I would like to see a 8gb version. 1gb for videos and music is just not enough. Anyway the navigation looks awesome however are you getting alot of finger prints on the screen?

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by P0iNT
Very nice man, If iriver made a nice slim hdd version this thing would be a hit. At least by next year I would like to see a 8gb version. 1gb for videos and music is just not enough. Anyway the navigation looks awesome however are you getting alot of finger prints on the screen?

Yes a few but when its on you dont see them.
8gb would be awesome, the thickness is about right any thinner would feel wrong in the palm of your hand.

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #13 of 18
I wish it is a lot bigger in space like 20G.

1G is too small.

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #14 of 18
Yeah...I agree with the otheres: If they made a 30 gig to take on Apple, they would definitely move a lot of units if the price was the same as the apple.

LIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back