I got dumped on valentines day!
Feb 15, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #4 of 42
Wow, that really stinks. I know that nothing we say will make you feel much better, but I'll be the first to tell you to keep your head up. Better now than later, especially if you were to get married. I think everything happens for a reason (we usually realize it later) and this was obviously not meant to be. Just remember that. It wasn't meant to be, so you'll be better off (though that may be hard to comprehend now...but trust me I've been there).

Did she dump you in person, or through a phone call/email/text message?

Had things been going downhill prior to this, or was this totally unexpected? What reason(s) did she give you? I think she picked one of the worst days to do this on...wow that's just heartless.

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 42
Great news. You just avoided your second most costly mistake. Giving up your freedom. Whew! That was a narrow escape. OH yeah, the first mistake.....gittin hooked up with HeadFi and spending all that money on audio gear.
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
Now go stick your fishin pole back into the "Lake of Love" and see if you don't get a better one to swallow it "hook line and sinker".
eek.gif
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #6 of 42
You're better off without her. Ditto on avoiding the biggest mistake of your life. Your Senns still love you
600smile.gif

And we'll still be here... long after she's gone.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 42
Girlfriend/boyfriend is a like a well-paid job. When you lose it, you get worried, but you eventually find another job.

Lousy analogy, but I'm sure you got the message.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #8 of 42
that sucks... But ditto what the others said.

V day sucks if youre dating IMHO. I got cheated on on V'day once.

Garrett

Feb 15, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
My girlfriend of three years who I planned to marry dumped me today.
At least now I get to move to Portland proper.

You are very lucky that she did that now rather than after you made a HUGE mistake and married her (shudders), so good for you and move on to better things.

Good luck

Feb 15, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
My girlfriend of three years who I planned to marry dumped me today.
At least now I get to move to Portland proper.

I am so sorry to hear that; there are so many people (men and women) that are just plain insensitive. When you're experiencing the breakup, you feel the worst, and that's when you gotta remember that you're the best and that there are plenty of women that will want to enjoy their life with you.

Now about that move away from Vancouver...why Portland? I think Vancouver is so beautiful

Feb 15, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
I am so sorry to hear that; there are so many people (men and women) that are just plain insensitive. When you're experiencing the breakup, you feel the worst, and that's when you gotta remember that you're the best and that there are plenty of women that will want to enjoy their life with you.

Now about that move away from Vancouver...why Portland? I think Vancouver is so beautiful

You do realize I live in Vancouver, Washington right? If I lived in the better vancouver I would stay. Moving to portland will save me a 3 hr round trip bus commute and $105 monthly bus pass though.

You guys are the best. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back