I got bit by the Grado bug!
Jan 25, 2013 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rfsalazar

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]I’ve had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 I found in a local pawnshop for $25 for about 8 years now, not sure how old they actually are, but they always sounded great. Whenever I noticed they were missing I could always find them in my son’s room, I guess he would tire of his iPod ear-buds. He has since moved out and being a newlywed he may have other things on his mind now.[/size]

[size=10pt]My younger daughter showed interest in some Beats she listened to from one of her friends at school. I couldn’t believe the price. After some research I found this informative community and I decided to have her listen to the Audio Technica ATH-M50’s at the local Guitar Center. Her smile was magical and I shelled out the money right away. She claimed the music was more even and not as bass heavy as the Beats. She loves them and now rarely takes them off.[/size]

[size=10pt]After more snooping around here, I decided to take a chance with the Alessandro MS-1 (sound unheard). I liked the retro look, but mostly because they were highly recommended for rock music, I just couldn’t pass em up. I tell you it was a decision I do not regret. They gave my classic rock CD’s new life. SRV, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Clapton and Rush hadn’t sounded this good to my ears since my high school years. These phones helped me re-discover this music. The sound is so alive, I feel like my head is in next to drums when the snare is struck or next to the guitar amp on stage. The best thing is the more I listen the better they sound, burn in I suppose.[/size]

[size=10pt]I read a few threads about how these Grado/Alessandro really open up with and amp, so I took another chance and purchased a CMOY amp. WOW!! These babies really fill my head now. I am hooked!! [/size]

[size=10pt]Now I’m taking a hard look at the Grado 325is.[/size]

[size=10pt]I have a theory about these Grados. I’m thinking the older people, like me, with not so good hearing really dig these things more than the younger folks. Hmm? Maybe?[/size]

[size=10pt]BTW the Sony’s have been gathering dust on the shelf I feel bad for these old friends so I’ll listen to them, for half a song! Then I reach for my MS-1’s. God I love them![/size]

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
[size=10pt]I’ve had a pair of Sony MDR-V6 I found in a local pawnshop for $25 for about 8 years now, not sure how old they actually are, but they always sounded great. Whenever I noticed they were missing I could always find them in my son’s room, I guess he would tire of his iPod ear-buds. He has since moved out and being a newlywed he may have other things on his mind now.[/size]

[size=10pt]My younger daughter showed interest in some Beats she listened to from one of her friends at school. I couldn’t believe the price. After some research I found this informative community and I decided to have her listen to the Audio Technica ATH-M50’s at the local Guitar Center. Her smile was magical and I shelled out the money right away. She claimed the music was more even and not as bass heavy as the Beats. She loves them and now rarely takes them off.[/size]

[size=10pt]After more snooping around here, I decided to take a chance with the Alessandro MS-1 (sound unheard). I liked the retro look, but mostly because they were highly recommended for rock music, I just couldn’t pass em up. I tell you it was a decision I do not regret. They gave my classic rock CD’s new life. SRV, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Clapton and Rush hadn’t sounded this good to my ears since my high school years. These phones helped me re-discover this music. The sound is so alive, I feel like my head is in next to drums when the snare is struck or next to the guitar amp on stage. The best thing is the more I listen the better they sound, burn in I suppose.[/size]

[size=10pt]I read a few threads about how these Grado/Alessandro really open up with and amp, so I took another chance and purchased a CMOY amp. WOW!! These babies really fill my head now. I am hooked!! [/size]

[size=10pt]Now I’m taking a hard look at the Grado 325is.[/size]

[size=10pt]I have a theory about these Grados. I’m thinking the older people, like me, with not so good hearing really dig these things more than the younger folks. Hmm? Maybe?[/size]

[size=10pt]BTW the Sony’s have been gathering dust on the shelf I feel bad for these old friends so I’ll listen to them, for half a song! Then I reach for my MS-1’s. God I love them![/size]

If I were you, I would go for a pair a Magnums! PM me if you don't know what that means :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back