I got a Wii! Wiiiiiiiiiiii...
May 22, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 97
I played the tennis on the wii sports for far too long one day after my flatmate got one for her birthday. I was wiinjured for several days afterwards, my arm absolutely killed.

May 22, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #20 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are these things readily available in stores these days, or are people still waiting in lines? (sorry for the off-topic)

I've seen a few stores carry them with 4-5 in stock. Costco has them with a bundle so they are starting to meet the demand.

May 22, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #21 of 97
Stay away from shooters like CoD, Splinter Cell and MoHAA. The Wii remote isnt ment for targeting guns...[/QUOTE]

Totaly agree, COD is tough to target with. The bowling game is by far the most poular...great fun with people of any age. I also bought the other game pack that has the extra controller and found the pool game to be pretty cool. I will probably get Zelda soon. Have fun

May 22, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #22 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also bought the other game pack that has the extra controller and found the pool game to be pretty cool.

That's Wii Play. I didn't like it too much at first but it was hit when I brought it to a friends house and we had a lot to drink. All games can be played 2 player and the shooting target and cow racing were the most fun. The paper fishing was also fun. I might get the Mario Party next week depending on the reviews. It looks like it would be great multiplayer game with up to 4 players at once. Mortal Kombat is also out next week and I hope that turns out good as well.

On my long term list is Super Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, and maybe Mario Strikers. I also hope Brunswick Bowling turns out to be a great game.

May 23, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #23 of 97
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, but I'm looking forward to bowling and golf the most I think.

I will definitely have to pick up a Mario game as I was a big fan of the original. I grew up in the 80's with arcade video games, so the simple games with great game play really appeal to me (my favourites back in the day were Galaga, Robotron and Donkey Kong.

May 23, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #24 of 97
That console would be so awesome with a lightsaber.

- lk

May 23, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #25 of 97
Congratulations on your house + wii!

I'll be getting a wii for my birthday in June, and I cant wait! I'm probably going to be getting Warioware, which is a selection of loads and loads of mini-games, kinda like Wii play, but more fun and way more of them. Theres also a little storyline behind it and unlockables and stuff.

Rayman on the Wii is also fun. Its lots of mini games as well, and can be fun with lots of players as can Warioware.

May 23, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #26 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations on your house + wii!

I'll be getting a wii for my birthday in June, and I cant wait! I'm probably going to be getting Warioware, which is a selection of loads and loads of mini-games, kinda like Wii play, but more fun and way more of them. Theres also a little storyline behind it and unlockables and stuff.

Rayman on the Wii is also fun. Its lots of mini games as well, and can be fun with lots of players as can Warioware.

Hey, that's an awesome birthday present Frasey!

IIRC. Rayman is a platform game, isn't it? I really enjoy platform games, so maybe I'll have to check that one out too.

May 23, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #27 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, that's an awesome birthday present Frasey!

IIRC. Rayman is a platform game, isn't it? I really enjoy platform games, so maybe I'll have to check that one out too.

This version of Raymans a bit different. I don't think its really platform... From what I've played, its mostly like little mini games. All of them are different. In one of them, you have to pick a rabbits tooth with the wiimote, in another you need to shake the wii-mote and nunchuck up and down to make Rayman run (with explosives) and in another you need to use the wiimote like a gun and shoot plungers at rabbits to stop them from attacking you. It's really quite strange, but still fun. There might be a couple of platforming games in there.

May 23, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #28 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This version of Raymans a bit different. I don't think its really platform... From what I've played, its mostly like little mini games. All of them are different. In one of them, you have to pick a rabbits tooth with the wiimote, in another you need to shake the wii-mote and nunchuck up and down to make Rayman run (with explosives) and in another you need to use the wiimote like a gun and shoot plungers at rabbits to stop them from attacking you. It's really quite strange, but still fun. There might be a couple of platforming games in there.

Oh, ok thanks. Well are there any good platforms available or does the system not lend itself very well to that kind of game?

May 23, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #29 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, ok thanks. Well are there any good platforms available or does the system not lend itself very well to that kind of game?

There is all the awesome platform games of NES, SNES, N64, such as Super Marios available through Wii Shop as Virtual Console game.

Most of new platform games are in 3D nowadays and I find them odd. Is Super Mario Galaxy released? At least not here in Finland...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back