I found a nest of baby squirrels in our front yard
Mar 25, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #76 of 96
Yup they're rabbits alright. I know because I've bred hundreds of rabbits in my rabbit farm. Just look at those big ears! You should just keep them, they make great pets! Sometimes their parents abandon them.

bunny_2.jpg

orphaned-baby-rabbit-lapping-formula.jpg

Mar 25, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #77 of 96
Sorry to be the deliverer of gloom here, but this means that some people who kill what they think are baby rats or squirrels, could actually be terminating the lives of innocent rabbits (now is the time for someone to chime in and discuss how a buch of pesky rabbits destroyed their cabbage and carrot patch
wink.gif
)
Obviously they've never felt the vengeful wrath of the killer rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Mar 25, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #78 of 96
newbornrabbit.jpg

this is apperently an infant rabbit.

/and pm@c, gtfo of the member's lounge

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #79 of 96
Oh the legend of the mystery mammal. What will it turn out to be?

Unless you're going to eat it, I believe that killing any animal at anytime is cruel. *note - c0ckroaches are not animals*

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #80 of 96
I agree, you should keep them if they turn out to be rabbits. My sister had one before we moved to Canada and he was ridiculously cute. He would follow her around the house, lie on the couch with her, we even litter trained him. An awesome pet all around

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #81 of 96
I vote this thread ahead of time to be the year's cutest topic ever!
tongue.gif

What a pleasant surprise this turned out to be, from squirrels to rabbits...you don't see that fast of an evolution happen that quickly every day.
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #82 of 96
my my, what a great thread -- aside from the burning, drowning and asphixiation parts -- they are damn cute. my gf loves squirrels as she hasn't a house to worry about nor a yard (neither do i for that matter) and told me they are very helpful in rebuilding or keeping forests as they are not bright at all.

they bury nuts they find and then go off looking for the perfect upgrade, a better nut. very much like headfi-ers but they never remember their first love and instead of selling their former acorn to the next rat or silly squirrel in the forums, they forget where they have stode the treasure and eventually it becomes a tree.

i for one may go and bury my beyers in case one day i reap a factory... quite a savings in the long run i reckon...

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #84 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be careful. Rabbits can get quite large:
texasrabbit.jpg

i want one.

edit: also, those baby rabbits you posted are the most adorable little creatures i've seen in my life. did you breed those?

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #87 of 96
i pretty much agree with squirrels being strange pests. I've seen some at my uni campus eating gum stuck on garbage cans, or just suddenly jumping out of them, climbing into the buildings that just so happen to have large enough trees next to them and open windows to steal lunches (strangely enough they know the right time, classic conditioning at its best).

funniest thing i heard last christmas was my friend mentioned hating the new low energy LED christmas lights, the ones with the smaller LED lights covered with bumpy plastic casings. apparently the squirrels in his area stole his lights because they would mistake the casings for acorns. the current going thru the wires wasnt enough to give a deadly shock so they would just bite through the wires despite the mild shock and take off with his lights. go figure.

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #88 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be careful. Rabbits can get quite large:
texasrabbit.jpg

Looks like he's about to ride it. That thing would go REALLY FAST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back