I found a nest of baby squirrels in our front yard
Mar 23, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #16 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by daggerlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm so how can I tell the difference between baby squirrels and baby rats? These were found outside, with a bunch of grey down around them...so I'm hoping/guessing they are baby squirrels..

Just leave them alone. They'll grow up to be whatever they are. No need to be a cruel, sick person that gets their rocks off killing animals for no particular reason other than to kill them.

Depending on what their stage of development is and what species, they can range from being more pink in color, and lightly toned. Any that end up with darker fur have a light gray tint to their skin as they mature. Then they develop a fuzzy growth of fur.

-Ed

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #17 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what buddy. I dont care that you are headphonus supremus. If you have such a big problem with me, why dont you go cry to your admin buddies. Im sick of talking to you. You personally insult me ever since I stated in the Daschound thread that I like big dogs and hate little dogs. And just because you own a little dog suddenly you felt like I was personally attacking you? Get over yourself buddy, if you have anymore problems with me just spam my inbox or something....

I'm not the one posting direct personal insults. You are. I just replied to a thread crap of yours. Read more carefully next time. I don't need to cry to the mods as you have stated. The proof is in the posting. I quoted all of yours in case you want to go back and edit your statments.

I save my PM's for rational discussions and chats with friends.

-Ed

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not the one posting direct personal insults. You are. I just replied to a thread crap of yours. Read more carefully next time. I don't need to cry to the mods as you have stated. The proof is in the posting. I quoted all of yours in case you want to go back and edit your statments.

I save my PM's for rational discussions and chats with friends.

-Ed

Well im not changing my posts. I dont feel the need to. Oh and I dont get off killing animals. I killed the rats because it had to be done. I didnt feel like killing 42+ baby rats in a "humane" way. You want me to get something to inject them with, put them each on a pillow, and read them their last rights?

Oh and for your information, since your too stupid to remember, you started the personal insults by suggesting that I just burn every animal I see. Actually it was before that comment, when you told me to pretty much gtfo of a thread because I posted my opinion. Afterall, the forums are for opinions. I can say if I like a big dog better than a small dog, or at least I should be able to without some idiot like you getting in my business.

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh Im not suggesting to kill the baby squirrels. Squirrels arent pests like rats are.

Right, you'd think differently if it was your front yard they were digging up every day to bury peanut shells in. They'vre ruined my lawn completely. Pests, for sure.

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #20 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, you'd think differently if it was your front yard they were digging up every day to bury peanut shells in. They'vre ruined my lawn completely. Pests, for sure.

Haha well I have a dog who chases the squirrels away. Plus there arent very many nuts around my house.

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #21 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While we have to cover all of our potted plants with meshing to prevent them from digging up all the soil, the squirrels to keep the cats away. LOL, the neighborhood cats are afraid of the squirrels here.

-Ed

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 96
Once I found a baby squirrel with 3 legs in China, and I put it in a cage. Its right hand was a skeleton and it was cool to look at, and was actually functional. It lived in my apartment for a couple years then I let it free, but next day I came to look for the squirrel but found a trial of blood and squirrel fur. It turns out a wolf ate it. It was very sad.

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once I found a baby squirrel with 3 legs in China, and I put it in a cage. Its right hand was a skeleton and it was cool to look at, and was actually functional. It lived in my apartment for a couple years then I let it free, but next day I came to look for the squirrel but found a trial of blood and squirrel fur. It turns out a wolf ate it. It was very sad.

one of the lab mice that my dad had turned out like that, with bone loss in its left back leg though. pretty awesome.. shame he died.

Mar 23, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #24 of 96
I love squirrels! I miss them so much from when I lived in edinbourough. I used to watch them running around and up trees from my window all day long. So cute! Too bad we don't have them in New Zealand...

But I don't get it. Why are they pests?

Mar 23, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #25 of 96
Since it is Friday and I am bored as hell, I have to ask.

If you do find a nest of rats in your home, what is an ethical way to get rid of them?

Also, at what point in animal kingdom is it ok to kill. Like rats, snakes, lizards, crickets, roaches, ants, fleas, mosquitos.

For example, when I saw a spider in my kitchen last night. I smashed it with my finger. I also found a wasp in my garage and I gently grabbed it by the back and let it out through the back door.

I figure I am the master of my domain, any insect may be killed or saved depending on how busy I am.

Mar 24, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #27 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading a particular post on this thread, I truly hope that Karma exists.

some guy boiled a turtle and a few months later the turtle almost killed him in a car accident in thailand.

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #30 of 96
Shoot them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back