I finally got my Sony MDR-R10s!!!
Oct 19, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #31 of 46
Sure!

You could read this thread or read up about the problem at this webpage.

I think quite a number of Head-Fiers wished they had read about tinnitus before they came here and blew thier ears ear hairs(cilia) to death! Some however, don't know how they got it while some could have been born with it.

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:58 PM Post #32 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by myself, aka me
It's caused by someone who has just bought new R10s listening to his CDs again at mega high volume because they sound so good now. Symptoms are a hissing/ringing/chirping (it varies) in your ears. Also, ear infections can cause it. Wax in the ear makes it more noticeable. Stress also makes it more noticeable.

Loud noise is the one you should look out for. Enjoy the cans but keep the volume low. Start off low, and turn it up until you hear enough detail. Never more.

Oh yeah, it's permanant in most cases.
evil_smiley.gif

Team Tinnitus Sucks.

Well, i've never been a SUPER loud listener... But i shall do my best...

Can't believe there's nothing they can do for it.
frown.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:59 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flea Bag
Sure!

You could read this thread or read up about the problem at this webpage.

I think quite a number of Head-Fiers wished they had read about tinnitus before they came here and blew thier ears ear hairs(cilia) to death! Some however, don't know how they got it while some could have been born with it.

Thanks... Bookmarked... I'll definitely give them both a read.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #34 of 46
well it seems you are happy now, so i just wanted to wish you luck with all your new stuff.

You will be back ; ) So i'd say that life savings of yours never had a chance ; )

enjoy.

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:07 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
well it seems you are happy now, so i just wanted to wish you luck with all your new stuff.

You will be back ; ) So i'd say that life savings of yours never had a chance ; )

enjoy.

Thanks and... we shall see.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Yoda would be proud of you.
wink.gif

Enjoy!

biggrin.gif
Thanks. Yeah, it wasn't exactly like i raised an X-Wing out of a Dagobah swamp, but still.
cool.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #39 of 46
Congratulations man. I wish I can own an R10. Well probably after a year of hard work...buying my dream car...then...might be time for an R10.

Oct 20, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #41 of 46
Congratulations on purchasing what are almost universally considered the finest dynamic headphones ever made. You are most fortunate to have the means to do so, and I salute you. Most of us will never have the opportunity, financially.
You did the right thing, imo, and jumped on them when they were available. You cut right to the chase and went straight to the top.
What amp do you plan to use with them? That, the source, and the interconnects will now be your remaining ultimate challenge.
The R10's deserve to be matched with components that allow their full power and majesty to be unleashed.

JC

Oct 20, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by neueziel
Ok so wheres the pictures? Usually when someone buys something this cool they take cool pics. LOL i wanna see pics.

I'll get some pics after i get my entire system setup in a week or two (i'm waiting on my amp from Single Power).
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Congratulations man. I wish I can own an R10. Well probably after a year of hard work...buying my dream car...then...might be time for an R10.

Looks like you've got some damn good headphones already.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Congrats on receiving your R10's. Wish I had the opportunity to score a pair of them, maybe eventually I will. Just hope I don't give up too soon.

Thanks, just keep your eyes peeled. It was just pure luck that i got mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Congratulations on purchasing what are almost universally considered the finest dynamic headphones ever made. You are most fortunate to have the means to do so, and I salute you. Most of us will never have the opportunity, financially.
You did the right thing, imo, and jumped on them when they were available. You cut right to the chase and went straight to the top.
What amp do you plan to use with them? That, the source, and the interconnects will now be your remaining ultimate challenge.
The R10's deserve to be matched with components that allow their full power and majesty to be unleashed.

JC

Source: Rega Jupiter w/Virtual Dynamics Nite II power cord
Amp: Single Power Supra with 6SN7s (modded for the R10s) w/Nite II power cord
ICs: Virtual Dynamics Nite II

While it's not the absolute best (that would be a TOL Naim, Single Power Maestro with VD Master cables) it's probably the next best thing i think. And one day, waaaaaay into the future, i may upgrade to THE best. But for now, and for a VERY long time, i am QUITE pleased.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back