I finally got my Sony MDR-R10s!!!
Oct 19, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #16 of 46
Yeah if you want it and the opportunity is there, it was smart to just get it then. Now it's time to get other headphones at your leisure just to try them out
biggrin.gif
You never know... the R10s may not be your favorite. But there's no risk getting them since they are easy to sell.

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #17 of 46
I'd be afraid of putting down this kind of cash so early. Look how easily people here get bored with what they have. People sell entire expensive systems because they're bored with them. Either that, or they let equipment sit and gather dust. I think the problem with some of these people is their tiny music collections. Others I think like being the center of attention around here by getting whatever gear is hottest. But I can see just going through a "hi-fi" phase and then not caring anymore. I hope this guy knows what he's doing spending 5 or 6 grand just like that.

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Yeah if you want it and the opportunity is there, it was smart to just get it then. Now it's time to get other headphones at your leisure just to try them out
biggrin.gif
You never know... the R10s may not be your favorite. But there's no risk getting them since they are easy to sell.

Yeah, i've noticed people (especially around here) are just gobbling them up. Too much demand and not nearly enough supply. So, if i ever do decide to sell, i won't worry about losing much money.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #19 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
I'd be afraid of putting down this kind of cash so early. Look how easily people here get bored with what they have. People sell entire expensive systems because they're bored with them. Either that, or they let equipment sit and gather dust. I think the problem with some of these people is their tiny music collections. Others I think like being the center of attention around here by getting whatever gear is hottest. But I can see just going through a "hi-fi" phase and then not caring anymore. I hope this guy knows what he's doing spending 5 or 6 grand just like that.

Trust me, i know what i'm doing. I've learned to understand what's just a "phase" with me and what is something that i'm going to stick with. As far as my other hobbies, i rarely ever get any "upgrade-itis". I'm just of a rare breed that once i get what i consider to be the best for what i can afford, i'm genuinely happy with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:30 AM Post #20 of 46
Well, we'll have to see how long you stick around without upgrading or changing that system somehow.

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:36 AM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
Well, we'll have to see how long you stick around without upgrading or changing that system somehow.

Yes... We shall see. [/badly dubbed anime voice]
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:42 AM Post #22 of 46
so anyways, are you listening to them?

I think your profile needs an update.
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #23 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
so anyways, are you listening to them?

I think your profile needs an update.
wink.gif

Man, i just woke up a bit ago. I'm kinda worn out. I'm not used to trips like this... That was actually the first time i've EVER been out of Oklahoma. I kid you not. I might as well listen to them with my old system until my amp gets here.

And, yeah, i'll go update my profile now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:25 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by WulfmanJax
Man, i just woke up a bit ago. I'm kinda worn out. I'm not used to trips like this... That was actually the first time i've EVER been out of Oklahoma. I kid you not. I might as well listen to them with my old system until my amp gets here.

And, yeah, i'll go update my profile now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now with your new setup is complete, you probably won't leave again for a loooooong time.
wink.gif

-Ed

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #25 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Now with your new setup is complete, you probably won't leave again for a loooooong time.
wink.gif

-Ed

You're probably correct.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:29 AM Post #26 of 46
I too admire the strategy of aiming for the top once you know what you want and getting there early... sure part of the fun is the journey but for me its more about the music and now you can sit back and soak it up (for at least a few days before that nagging itch comes back).

Enjoy,

TonyAAA

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:03 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTripleA
I too admire the strategy of aiming for the top once you know what you want and getting there early... sure part of the fun is the journey but for me its more about the music and now you can sit back and soak it up (for at least a few days before that nagging itch comes back).

Enjoy,

TonyAAA

For me it's definitely all about the music. I could care less about the journey. I'm weird like that. And it wouldn't really matter even IF the itch comes back because i couldn't afford to scratch it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #28 of 46
Hello WulfmanJax,

If you remember me, I was the guy who suggested that you try out cheaper phones before jumping straight to the R10. I too like the idea of jumping straight to a top setup because if done correctly, a lot of time and money would be saved. Unfortunately, in this hobby of varied opinions and misunderstood definitions, it's a high-risk going from almost nothing to your amazing setup.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you're satisfyied with your rig and I wish you a nice time listening to your music and try to keep that habit of saving your money. If that habit got you the R10s then who knows what else it might get you in the future...
280smile.gif

Oh and protect your hearing... You don't want to get tinnitus!

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #29 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flea Bag
Hello WulfmanJax,

If you remember me, I was the guy who suggested that you try out cheaper phones before jumping straight to the R10. I too like the idea of jumping straight to a top setup because if done correctly, a lot of time and money would be saved. Unfortunately, in this hobby of varied opinions and misunderstood definitions, it's a high-risk going from almost nothing to your amazing setup.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you're satisfyied with your rig and I wish you a nice time listening to your music and try to keep that habit of saving your money. If that habit got you the R10s then who knows what else it might get you in the future...
280smile.gif

Oh and protect your hearing... You don't want to get tinnitus!

Thanks alot.
smily_headphones1.gif

And what is tinnitus? I've heard OF it, but don't know what it is or how you get it.
confused.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:54 PM Post #30 of 46
It's caused by someone who has just bought new R10s listening to his CDs again at mega high volume because they sound so good now. Symptoms are a hissing/ringing/chirping (it varies) in your ears. Also, ear infections can cause it. Wax in the ear makes it more noticeable. Stress also makes it more noticeable.

Loud noise is the one you should look out for. Enjoy the cans but keep the volume low. Start off low, and turn it up until you hear enough detail. Never more.

Oh yeah, it's permanant in most cases.
evil_smiley.gif

Team Tinnitus Sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back