I feel like I got screwed by Head-Fi
Mar 22, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #16 of 20
@Sean H

Id bet Head-Fi intentionally completely removed the classified feedback sub-forum threads from view so as to force old-farts to convert to new system or to reduce confusion of where to post feedback.

Head-Fi is not obliged to you anything OP but you are right that the kind thing would be to respond to your communications. Back in 2002 HF was more community forum than for-profit business so you must understand that Jude’s attitude may not be the same as you remember.

Rebuilding your trader feedback shouldnt be too difficult. Just buy and sell a bunch of cheap junk to acquire feedback fast then work up to higher end junk.
Thanks! Oh, I completely understand that they owe me nothing, 100%. It's just a shame this happened. And yeah about Jude. He knows who I am and I have tried to contact him repeatedly about it but no response. You're right though, I could build up feedback again. I have also had a thought that in my for sale ads I could have them note my "join date" to show that I have been here for over 20 years and even include a brief explanation of what happened to my feedback when they updated their system. Maybe even link them to my extensive Audiogon and US Audio Mart feedback.

May 1, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #17 of 20
Longtime member here, too.
I stopped advertising on the FS threads here long ago due to "selective banning" (i.e. my ads terminated for mentioning PPF&F option, while many others were concurrently being left up that did exactly the same thing).
It seems that with each maintenance update H-F diminishes in overall quality and becomes less humane.
I think it bespeaks generational disparity more than anything else.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 20
I know we all lost feedback a while back when they switched over. As stayed it might have Bern about 10 years ago or so, might have happened a couple of times. I don't remember. I just reference other feedback if they need more than what I have on here.

May 2, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #19 of 20
PPF&F option

I spent a while banging my head off this and have to admit I'm stumped.

Paint Protection Film something?

Something to do with Picofarads?

May 2, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #20 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back