I feel like I got screwed by Head-Fi
Mar 16, 2023 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Sean H

Headphoneus Supremus
@jude @joe @AxelCloris

I'm sorry to make a post like this but I'm trying to be heard. I have been a Head-Fi member for 22 years. I'm an original Head-Fier. I noticed not that long ago that my entire archive of sales forum feedback had completely disappeared. Gone, poof, missing. I had about three pages of sales feedback and had 100% perfect ratings with excellent buying and selling experiences here. I contacted Head-Fi asking what happened and if they could help with the issue. I got a response back from a guy named Joe. He basically told me that it probably got lost in an update they did to the forum and it might be able to be retrieved from a backup. I asked if that could please happen, that I had a lot of valuable feedback and as you all know it is very valuable to have good feedback to be able to sell things. I never received a response back from Joe after that. I then turned to contacting Jude. I know Jude. I have talked to Jude on the phone one time. I explained the situation to Jude and asked for help and again received no response.

The prospect of completely starting over with no feedback is disheartening and I feel like I am just being ignored and or brushed to the side. Joe claims it is accessible but I get the feeling they just don't want to deal with it. If the final answer is they can't or won't do anything about it I feel I deserve to be told that instead of ignoring me. 22-year member here. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 20
I would have to respectfully disagree with you. I can understand where you are coming from >>>> BUT >>>> Head-Fi is free to use. If it was pay a commission on each sale, I would agree with you. The free part is where a level of customer service should not be expected.

Mar 16, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 20
You're 22 years old. Your profile says you joined Head-Fi, Oct 2001. This just doesn't add up. Something is out of place here.

Poor person lost all his classified cred, 22 years of it, in an update. That's no joking matter. I hope he gets it back.

Mar 16, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 20
Hope it gets fixed, man. I take a lot of pride in my reputation, so I would be unhappy as well if that were to happen. Have you tried posting in the bug fix forum?

Mar 16, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 20
I would have to respectfully disagree with you. I can understand where you are coming from >>>> BUT >>>> Head-Fi is free to use. If it was pay a commission on each sale, I would agree with you. The free part is where a level of customer service should not be expected.

I get that, 100%. But I have not been told - we will not help you, you are crap out of luck. If I had been told that, sure, I would be pissed and completely bummed out but at least I got a definite answer. Also, that said, I know Jude and that I have contributed to this community for over 20 years, a community that does in fact make Jude and others income, so my contributions have earned them income. If it weren't for us he wouldn't make a dime. 20 years of feedback, I'm just asking for a little help one way or the other. I do understand that there is no guarantee here since it is free and so mistakes on their end do not make them liable but because this is in fact their mistake I would just hope they might be kind of enough to make it right.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 20
@InvisibleInk @DenverW Thank you for the support, I sincerely appreciate it. I did post the same message to the bug fix forum as well and I apologize for posting the same message in two forums but I'm trying to be heard. I'm really hoping they can help me. Thank you!

Mar 16, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 20
I would personally take the approach of catching this fly with honey instead of vinegar myself. It sounds like you've already reached out, and are frustrated with the delay or/and lack of response, but if I were a mod I'd probably give more attention to a humble request for help rather than mentioning I've been "screwed by head fi." Just a thought, sorry to share my unsolicited opinion, I DO wish this to get corrected for you.

Mar 16, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 20
I would personally take the approach of catching this fly with honey instead of vinegar myself. It sounds like you've already reached out, and are frustrated with the delay or/and lack of response, but if I were a mod I'd probably give more attention to a humble request for help rather than mentioning I've been "screwed by head fi." Just a thought, sorry to share my unsolicited opinion, I DO wish this to get corrected for you.
Well, I understand. This has been going on for some time though, months in fact. Not hours or days. I didn't want to resort to this and apologize. Thanks.

Mar 18, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 20

Disagree. Free doesn't mean proper help should not be expected. Moderators voluntary or paid, took on a job that comes with responsibilities like timely clear communication and getting things done or not, servicing the community. Not ''a little bit - sometimes - hopefully'' :\ OP's case is just a fine example of frustrating questionable conduct IMO.

I get that, 100%. But I have not been told - we will not help you, you are crap out of luck. If I had been told that, sure, I would be pissed and completely bummed out but at least I got a definite answer. Also, that said, I know Jude and that I have contributed to this community for over 20 years, a community that does in fact make Jude and others income, so my contributions have earned them income. If it weren't for us he wouldn't make a dime. 20 years of feedback, I'm just asking for a little help one way or the other. I do understand that there is no guarantee here since it is free and so mistakes on their end do not make them liable but because this is in fact their mistake I would just hope they might be kind of enough to make it right.

I feel you. Situation sucks. Who knows what'll happen is probably your best bet right now but really.. I'd start writing this off and start again from scratch. Clean and onward >

Mar 18, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 20
Disagree. Free doesn't mean proper help should not be expected. Moderators voluntary or paid, took on a job that comes with responsibilities like timely clear communication and getting things done or not, servicing the community. Not ''a little bit - sometimes - hopefully'' :\ OP's case is just a fine example of frustrating questionable conduct IMO.

I feel you. Situation sucks. Who knows what'll happen is probably your best bet right now but really.. I'd start writing this off and start again from scratch. Clean and onward >
Your point is noted and spelled out loud & clear. I am in agreement with you and OP.

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #14 of 20
They have changed feedback system a while back with new classifieds, don't remember exact year, should be circa 2011, but anything before that was available for some time is gone now. You are not alone.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #15 of 20
@Sean H

Id bet Head-Fi intentionally completely removed the classified feedback sub-forum threads from view so as to force old-farts to convert to new system or to reduce confusion of where to post feedback.

Head-Fi is not obliged to you anything OP but you are right that the kind thing would be to respond to your communications. Back in 2002 HF was more community forum than for-profit business so you must understand that Jude’s attitude may not be the same as you remember.

Rebuilding your trader feedback shouldnt be too difficult. Just buy and sell a bunch of cheap junk to acquire feedback fast then work up to higher end junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back