I dreamed that I died, and I went on into the afterlife.
Apr 23, 2004 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Trounce

500+ Head-Fier
I had the most vivid dream I've ever experienced last night.

I died brutally, in a very odd way. Remember the game Lemmings, when one could merely press the "nuke" button and all the creatures would blow up in 5 seconds? I died that way. I was trying to rescue my brother who was being taken away but ran through a forcefield and saw everyone in the building suddenly with little numbers over their heads. Very weird.

But then the weirder thing: I was all worried about whether or not I would just fade out into nothingness, but I remained completely conscious, and the world was only dark for several seconds. I was lying on my side, and floating, and then when I lifted my head, I noticed that there was a friend of mine there, flying around playing soccer in the air. So I followed her and all of a sudden the world I was in brightened, into what seemed like a central station for the dead. There were thousands of people in a few small space but it didn't seem crowded at all. There were glass cabinets all along the walls, and elevators going to upper levels. The walls were morphing colours; very eery. Behind the cabinets were these little cylindrical things, looking like beans, but they were all different colours, and suddenly I started floating towards a man one level above me. He told me that these were the memory banks of everyone in the world currently living. I realized then that I was still somewhat alive, as I could still feel and sweat (my bed was damp this morning from all the sweat). As well, if I closed my eyes, I saw the living world, and could move around it effortlessly, like in a RTS video game. I moved through my thoughts.

Somehow (I draw several blanks throughout the dream) I met up with several acquaintances who I met only months ago, and we went on a quest to find out how I died. But I went into an elevator and there was a guy with us, a "phantasm" (I remember clearly using that word), who was a complete ghost, and as he was able to control totally his location in the afterlife, he got sick on elevators, as they controlled his height. Very odd. We stopped on a floor and I saw the trial of a killer from Deadwood, a new HBO show set in the American West in 1876, except that this was a modern trial, where he was wearing a suit. I went over to confront him, convinced that he was the reason for my brother and my death, but was confounded when I reached him, as he turned into my eye doctor, talking about contact lenses.

Now the randomness of the dream doesn't bother me per se, it's more the fact that I physically, within the dream, crossed over from life to death, and experienced it completely. When I woke up this morning I was in a daze, as I was feverish the entire night and slept inconsistently. I wasn't sure what was dream and what wasn't, and I still feel slightly ghost-like at this moment. Are these MY fingers typing this? Unbelievable feeling.

I needed to get this down, as not to forget, and I appreciate anyone reading this.

Apr 23, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 16
Interesting. So do you care if this becomes a "What I dreamed last night" thread? I've got a weird one about "The Apprentice".

(serious)

Apr 23, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 16
Boy, we haven't had a good dream discussion in awhile.
biggrin.gif

The fact that you were feverish would indicate a brain chemical imbalance. You may need to increase your intake of pure clean and clear water.

Otherwise I can safely say that you probably had a spiritual dream, a revelation, if you will. I would expect changes in your consciousness in the next few months, if not year.

Astrologically I would say that you had a hard transit of planets, perhaps a major conjunction or opposition. Seeing as it relates to death, I would look to the 12th and 8th houses (although this would produce a square angle).

I wouldn't put too much weight on the meaning of your brother, as dreams seldom portray the people we know during our real life; it could be an employer or a very close friend.

Even death isn't really what it means; deaths usually mean new meanings (like the Tarot 13, the death card). It denotes dying to a past and starting something new. Since you saw ghosts, it could signify a new religious life or a new consciousness, perhaps changing your view of the world.

Now if you have the same dream for three days in a row, then I would put greater credence in its meaning.

As always, when eating Chinese food, ask for "No MSG".

Apr 23, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 16
I can't tell if you are being facetious. What exactly do the planets and houses comments mean? I don't believe at all in astrology, so I'm ignorant there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Boy, we haven't had a good dream discussion in awhile.
biggrin.gif

The fact that you were feverish would indicate a brain chemical imbalance. You may need to increase your intake of pure clean and clear water.

Otherwise I can safely say that you probably had a spiritual dream, a revelation, if you will. I would expect changes in your consciousness in the next few months, if not year.

Astrologically I would say that you had a hard transit of planets, perhaps a major conjunction or opposition. Seeing as it relates to death, I would look to the 12th and 8th houses (although this would produce a square angle).

I wouldn't put too much weight on the meaning of your brother, as dreams seldom portray the people we know during our real life; it could be an employer or a very close friend.

Even death isn't really what it means; deaths usually mean new meanings (like the Tarot 13, the death card). It denotes dying to a past and starting something new. Since you saw ghosts, it could signify a new religious life or a new consciousness, perhaps changing your view of the world.

Now if you have the same dream for three days in a row, then I would put greater credence in its meaning.

As always, when eating Chinese food, ask for "No MSG".

Apr 23, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 16
I'll know that I am dead and in heaven when I look around me to find several tables with the Sony R-10, Omega-2, Sennheiser Orpheus, Grado PS-1, SKG K-1000 all with dedicated Shanling, Marantz, Classe, Music Hall CD/SACD/DVD-A and Vinyl sources, humongous interconnects and power cables and amps like the KGSS, Nik's Egmont Signature, Angstrom, Singlepower SDS, ASL Aq1005B etc. etc.

Another pile of CD's, SACD's etc.

wait a minute...I am just describing one of our recent HeadFi meets
confused.gif

Am I dead already???
redface.gif

Nah - there's the homework due on monday
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 16
TM1.gif

Boooooooooy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trounce
...But I went into an elevator and there was a guy with us, a "phantasm" (I remember clearly using that word), who was a complete ghost, and as he was able to control totally his location in the afterlife, he got sick on elevators, as they controlled his height. Very odd...

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #7 of 16
I just remembered possibly the strangest dream in quite a while...

I was playing basketball with chester the cheetah ( yes, mascot for cheetos ) I think I ended up winning. Fast-forward, chester takes out a chainsaw and kills me.

HERES the weird part

After I die and ascend on to the afterlife, the credits for "Home Improvement" and "Wheel of Fortune" roll across my eyes, as if my life was some kind of sit-com. Then I wake up.

Apr 24, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 16
Trounce,

I mentioned astrology only because I read one book which stipulated that we often have vivid dreams when our planets make connections. There is no reason for you to get into astrology. It was mentioned in passing. Same with the Tarot; just adding a sense of perspective.

The 5 second countdown would seemingly indicate that it will happen very fast, or that there is nothing you can do to extricate yourself from an upcoming event. The forcefield could indicate resistance on the part of others to be helped with their problems. Numbers on their head could be the Mark of the Beast (if you're into Christian studies), or the unthinking masses in general.

The death portends a change in life; perhaps finding a true love. She may show you the delights of true love, and give you another reason for living.

The stored knowledge is just that - that which cannot be taken with them after death. Your going up one level would indicate an evolution of consciousness. Your sense of accusation would indicate that you need to look into yourself and find the real reasons why you do things and think thingss. The ghost not wanting to ride the elevators would indicate that you do not want to be stifled in attaining knowledge, nor do you wish to take the usual evolutionary route but would rather seek a shortcut or at least be unemcumbered by your past.

Chances are that you had a type of out of body experience. Had you lit a candle you may have been able to feel the light hurting every pore of your body; your body became that sensitive.

You just have to wait and see if this dream comes true. You may even be able to see it unfold right before your eyes if you keep your eyes open and look for the events to unfold before you. Don't be surprised if you meet a woman who opens up a new world to you.

Apr 24, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 16
gsferrari,

Hell is having all that equipement and having no power cords or ICs. All the headphone plugs have been cut off and are missing. What to do but cry and lament?

Apr 24, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I'll know that I am dead and in heaven when I look around me to find several tables with the Sony R-10, Omega-2, Sennheiser Orpheus, Grado PS-1, SKG K-1000 all with dedicated Shanling, Marantz, Classe, Music Hall CD/SACD/DVD-A and Vinyl sources, humongous interconnects and power cables and amps like the KGSS, Nik's Egmont Signature, Angstrom, Singlepower SDS, ASL Aq1005B etc. etc.

I know that when I die I will be treated to a cheap, crappy mp3-cd player, with stock headphones, and loads of "adult contemporary" music in glorious 64kbps Xing-encoded true-stereo mp3.

Just kidding. I've been good...

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #12 of 16
I've been having & remembering a few pretty complicated dreams lately, one good one was a long story about me chasng a spy, nothing was known about the spy except that he or she wore size 12 shoes. At one point I was following the spy (I knew it was the spy because I was hiding and I saw his/her shoes walk by, but didn't see his/her face). I followed this spy up and down a series of long escalators.

Last night, it was about a fire inside a large office building & store where I worked. It was a department store on the lower floors and offices on the upper floors. The escaltors (more escalators!) in the store section looked like the ones in the Marshall Field's store in downtown Chicago. I worked somewhere upstairs. The fire was spreading in strange patterns throughout the building, completely engulfing some sections and leaving other parts untouched. I watched them try to put out the fire for a while before leaving the building, When the fire was out we came back and someone I worked with kept asking if we'd seen Tom (her boyfriend apparently). I told her no, I hadn't seen him since I saw him fighting the fire much earlier. We kept asking people if they knew where "Tom the electrician" was. Finally someone said "oh, did they recover the body, yet?" and that was the way this lady learned her friend had been killed in the fire when an elevator shaft collapsed. And I was upset that they told her the news in such an abrupt way.

Hope there are no electricians named Tom reading this!

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #13 of 16
I can remember a bit the most vivid dream I ever had. It was a dream about StarCraft 2. Real cool and scary at the same time. I immediately typed it out when I woke up as it was as clear to me as when I had expirienced it. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the doc with the text.

Apr 25, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #14 of 16
I had a dream in study hall that one of the nurses at school came into the study hall with a silver/red compound bow and shot me. Very peculiar.

Apr 25, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #15 of 16
My earliest memory of my *entire* life was when I was two years old -- I had a dream that the moon had a big grinning face and came down from the sky and licked my cheek. I woke up crying my eyes out.

blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back