I Don't Understand the Purpose of This...
Nov 24, 2005 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
Remember smash my iPod? I'm sure you heard they were doing an xbox version, well the video is up on the website...

Sledge Hammer Fun...

Anyway, do you guys see a point to this? Does anyone find it entertaining? I find it a little annoying, considering that people who wanted one couldn't get it because of a shortage, and these jerks smash one infront of people who were waiting in line...could have donated it to a needy child for christmas or something (wishful thinking I know...)

Nov 24, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 27
just another case of idiots with far too much free time on their hands and too much disposable income having a "look at me" moment.
Low class always sinks to the bottom with the only new twist is they now are glorified instead of laughed at or ignored.

"Idiot" is in high style these days
rolleyes.gif

Nov 24, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 27
The least they could've done was smash it outside the store while everyone was walking away crying that they couldn't get one. At least then it might've meant something. This is just stupid.

Nov 24, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid
The least they could've done was smash it outside the store while everyone was walking away crying that they couldn't get one. At least then it might've meant something. This is just stupid.

I think thats exactly what they did! And video is down, i really want to watch it.

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 27
But don't you understand? it's Art, man!

(and like all the best art, it's ripped off from someone else, in this case the iPod guys :>)

Nov 25, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

But don't you understand? it's Art, man!

that kind of art got a person locked up at one time just because the alternative was to leave idiots walking around unsupervised.Here we are in the new millenium,where fools have a following and television shows tout the inane as fashionable and a thing to aspire to,taking steps backwards and calling it progress
rolleyes.gif

Orwell had it all wrong and his "doublespeak" prediction missed by 20 years
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
It's the same guys I believe...

Ah. In that case, I apologise. Rather than plagiarism I guess it's the 'art' world equivalent of the difficult second album...
wink.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
Ah. In that case, I apologise. Rather than plagiarism I guess it's the 'art' world equivalent of the difficult second album...
wink.gif

its the same guy. they also have smash PS3 and new Nintendo

Nov 25, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #14 of 27
They would probably be laughing at us for getting so upset/excited/whatever about it... that's exactly the kind of reaction the people who buy into this kind of thing like to generate. I mostly agree with rickcr42 on this one, this kind of 'statement' is a non-statement and just comes across as stupid.

P.S. I think the people who set up these websites also make money on doing this, through page views... note the "sponsors" links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back