I don't know what bad headphones sound like anymore!!!
Apr 3, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
filipelli, u can always trade me your nice phones for some generic stock buds, then it will for sure remind you of how good your setup is, and how bad BAD HEADPHONES sound like =D

Haha thanks Tsi,

I am actually tempted to go through the "worst headphones" thread and get one. Or maybe I'll go to circuit city and get some Coby's. Haha.

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #17 of 26
Half the people who put you down for having good 'phones are just intimidated, and the ones that say nothing are thinking "this guys knows some #$%", and whether they say something or not, they're impressed. Conformity only gets you so far because ultimately it's boring.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #18 of 26
This thread reminds me of my girlfriends Dad who says, "I don't want no bass on my new 46 inch Sony HDTV, I like the tv speakers."

He said this after I was going to hook up some $199 PC altec Lansing 2.1 speakers up to it.

Doesn't want bass????

I'm just thinking...... there is a whole freq range you are not hearing while watching movies.....sound is just as important, if not more so, than this huge tv.

It's all perspective.

I want it all......Quality, Bass....whatever I can afford.

I have an SVS PB10 $429 sub and it rattles walls. It's by no means the best...however it could be one of the best subs for the money and that's all that counts. It's been rated over some 12 inch subs costing $1000 and that's all that counts to me. It's not the price of the headphones, or equipment, but how it fairs against higher costing equipment. If it's good, it's good. However, I like getting a good deal as well.

Only if I wonthe lotto or something would I not care, but I'd still do research and get the best bang for the buck, but the buck would just be alot higher, lol.

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha thanks Tsi,

I am actually tempted to go through the "worst headphones" thread and get one. Or maybe I'll go to circuit city and get some Coby's. Haha.

=D u want bose, bose, trust me... BOSEEEEEE

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #20 of 26
Every time that I think I might be forgetting what a bad headphone is or what bad headphone sound is, I think of the Sennheiser HD280 Pro.

BobRake.jpg

Eeeeurrrrgghhhhggghhgh.

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every time that I think I might be forgetting what a bad headphone is or what bad headphone sound is, I think of the Sennheiser HD280 Pro.

BobRake.jpg

Eeeeurrrrgghhhhggghhgh.

Clearly you have no idea what is BAD if that's your BAD headphone selection.

You have BOSE.... Coby..... RCA..... many craptastic headphones exist. Be glad the 280's are what you consider bad.
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #22 of 26
Ive had the Bose Triport, my dad still owns a pair. I've had the Mellow MH-1 (ignore my lovely sounding noob impressions review if you ever see it) and the Teac HP-100 (same again) and the Koss ESP9 (which is a dinosaur head crushing monster).

All of them are better headphones than the HD280. The only headphone that I have heard which is worse than the HD280 Pro is the Sennheiser CX300. And That includes the Triport (which gets a far worse press than it deserves because people here vomit up the same hate that they have read and which is fashionable and done to regurgitate, irrespective or experience and actual critical listening. The Triport has far better comfort, resolution, timbre and musical enjoyment than the HD280 achieves in its wildest dreams, the only category where the HD280 actually doesn't FAIL like a ****ing giant LOLCAT is in isolation, where its outdone by any IEM anyway, with 1% of the discomfort of the MONSTER CLAMP.)

HD280, its like the Ebola of headphones. Those who have one seem to rejoice in their luckiness in owning such a spectacular piece of **** simply because there are so few who do so. Masochists all of you. I have no sympathy and I wish you well in eventually moving on.

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD280, its like the Ebola of headphones.

Some of the things you guys say crack me up, LOL status. Haha. I bet my friends would think I am insane laughing at that statement.

Apr 3, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #24 of 26
Really though. Its experience with the Senneheisers below the HD650 and HD600 (the PX100 excepted which, even when its a fake Chinese version still manages to sound frankly brilliant per penny spent) which made me refuse, out of general principle to listen to the HD595 at the UK meet, despite the presence of the Meridian G08/Singlepower Extreme rig to plug it in to. I didn't want my ears to be filled full of half rotted, diffuse souding, muffled, woooly, rolled off at both ends, wobbly harmonic inducing, slightly slimy, mightily smeared filth.

The HD595 might not sound like that, even out of a lesser setup. But frankly, I wasn't prepared to risk it. If the HD number is lower than 600, I'll play safe by moving on to the nearest Grado, Stax, Audio Technica, Precide or AKG headphone thanks.

Apr 3, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #25 of 26
Actually, he professes so much hate towards a piece of equipment, I guess I should just shut up and laugh. I know when to fold and this is one of those times. The passion he has in HATE for the HD280 pro's is more than my slight non love/hate relationship with them. They served their purpose for me and didn't hurt my head after they wore in, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back